PDA

View Full Version : HEM Postgres error + reinstalling Postgres with HEM2 problems

Brasstal
11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi I have the same problem as others

i was in the midst of playing when the error message came " 'Holdem Manager cannot connect to the PostgreSQL Database. This can be caused by a firewall or Windows update. Please see this FAQ for a solution....'

however I proceeded to uninstall HEM2 and Postgresql to reinstall again and now I cannot reinstall it with the error message " Postgresql error the installation directory must be an absolute path " hope to find some help,"

Also when reinstalling the checkbox says "Postgresql installed" when I clearly uninstalled it and even used search function to make sure no traces of Postgresql can be found.

Hope to get some help thanks!

Brasstal
11-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Anyone? Appreciate all the help I can get...

HhCMotU
11-15-2011, 01:43 PM
same here...

Negat0r
11-16-2011, 01:50 PM
yep me too..

kasspav
11-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Me too...

Ok guys, I'm really getting angry with this. Before the installation of Note caddy, Hm2 seemed to work ok, I had some importing issues, but that another thing. So after notecaddy, importing new hands and the Hud works for awhile ok...and then suddenly the same msg appears:
"Holdem Manager cannot connect to the PostgreSQL Database. This can be cause by firewall or Windows update. Please see this FAQ for a solution."

Any ideas? Done the upgrade, firewall is ok...dont know whatelse to do...

Obv there is a mistake that should be fixed!

udbrky
11-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Please try this on the latest release. If there is an issue, we need the log files.

Make sure that you have allowed holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncapps.exe, postgres.exe and pg_ctl.exe to your firewall and antivirus exceptions list.

Where is:
My log file
7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

Negat0r
11-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Updated to new version and still have the same issue...

udbrky
11-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Does this happen with a new DB in the new issue?

Please send us a log file.

somethingacross
11-21-2011, 06:13 AM
i have a question about postgresql too. my task manager shows sometimes up to 15 processes of postgresql. is this normal?

kasspav
11-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Updated to new version and still have the same issue...

Me too...nothing changed. The weird thing is that it can work for several minutes (40-50) then crash without any particular reason. I have to close HM2 and start again, but it skows my hands from 0, and I havent noticed whether it loses hands from the opp.

I will send the log files to see yourselves

Brasstal
11-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Not back at my grind station yet but forwarded details to my brother and he said same problem arises...

Frustrated that I'm contemplating reformatting comp just to make sure online sessions wouldn't be hampered. =(

udbrky
11-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Does this happen with a new DB in the new issue?

Please send us a log file.

Did you try that?