PDA

View Full Version : Several Performance and Bug Issues with HEM2

Areop
11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Hello, first , sorry for my spelling, i'm not english fluent.

I purchades HEM2 and the next day NoteCaddy.

I have several issues with it.

Previous problem with installation was : Lot of lag (pokerstars), Heavy ram utilisation (about 700Mb 1,2Go), Empty HM Sync sheet (no more text or button it / Not really useful), slow refresh.

I have formated my pc this weekend. I have saved my database on the HEM cloud with the sync database bouton.

After reinstall all stuff for hem2, do all the windows 7 update, i install Hem 2. My HM sync sheet was clean, all text was in it and i can sync my database with the cloud. But not for long.

The same issues happen again:
-Heavy Ram utilisation (about 400 to 1.2Go ram)
-Slow refresh
-No more Hm sync sheet, so i cannot syncronised my database between Pc#1 and pc#2.
-Notecaddy is disabled because this program (expensive and perhaps useful) is slowing my pc to death. Consequence are long lag and my hand are most of time "timed out" while i'm playing.

At this time, my installation is clean, no more useless program and the problem still exist.

My pc is a dual core with 6Go Ram, good video card, internet fiber connection.

So, i dont know if it is notecaddy or hem 2 and i really don't care in fact.
It's about 120$ for HEM2 and Notecaddy.

I use your framework procedure about four times, cleaning and reinstalling framework before format my pc and nothing change. By the way , this process take long time.
But after a clean install, and having the same problem on PC#1 and PC#2 and i'm not alone apparently.

Hope you can find where those problems came from and give us a good release for both note caddy and HEM.

Sorry again for my spelling and this wall of text.

Regards,
Areop

Steinpilz0104
11-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Hi

I'm moderator of the technical forum of pokerstrategy.com and I've several demands about performance; are you working on it?

Thanks for hints to speedup HM-2.

fozzy71
11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Hello, first , sorry for my spelling, i'm not english fluent.

I purchades HEM2 and the next day NoteCaddy.

I have several issues with it.

Previous problem with installation was : Lot of lag (pokerstars), Heavy ram utilisation (about 700Mb 1,2Go), Empty HM Sync sheet (no more text or button it / Not really useful), slow refresh.

I have formated my pc this weekend. I have saved my database on the HEM cloud with the sync database bouton.

After reinstall all stuff for hem2, do all the windows 7 update, i install Hem 2. My HM sync sheet was clean, all text was in it and i can sync my database with the cloud. But not for long.

The same issues happen again:
-Heavy Ram utilisation (about 400 to 1.2Go ram)
-Slow refresh
-No more Hm sync sheet, so i cannot syncronised my database between Pc#1 and pc#2.
-Notecaddy is disabled because this program (expensive and perhaps useful) is slowing my pc to death. Consequence are long lag and my hand are most of time "timed out" while i'm playing.

At this time, my installation is clean, no more useless program and the problem still exist.

My pc is a dual core with 6Go Ram, good video card, internet fiber connection.

So, i dont know if it is notecaddy or hem 2 and i really don't care in fact.
It's about 120$ for HEM2 and Notecaddy.

I use your framework procedure about four times, cleaning and reinstalling framework before format my pc and nothing change. By the way , this process take long time.
But after a clean install, and having the same problem on PC#1 and PC#2 and i'm not alone apparently.

Hope you can find where those problems came from and give us a good release for both note caddy and HEM.

Sorry again for my spelling and this wall of text.

Regards,
Areop

Replied to your email.

Hi

I'm moderator of the technical forum of pokerstrategy.com and I've several demands about performance; are you working on it?

Thanks for hints to speedup HM-2.

Check your PM inbox.

panther2089
11-17-2011, 04:17 AM
I also have problems with performance. I play on stars and experience a lot of lag with the hud turned on!
I have the trial now and I'd like to buy it, but not before u take care of those numerous bugs!

Cheers!

Areop
11-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi,

I just test the new patch.

It works fine for one hour (speed oki, less lag, notecaddy ok)

But we've lost the bouton to select wich Hud we want to use. we have to use the HEM2 menu in HUD OPTIONS.

After one hour test and two tables opened on party poker, i closed them. And I've done a session review with 600 hand in it.

I have lunched for one hour. Hem still open on session review.

Came back and look Hem, close the session review, the party poker lobby and after 5 minutes i checked my cpus.

Both were about 80-90% busy on hem process.

Sorry about that but we still have this cpus problem. I close Hem and opened it again and now my cpus are 25-40% busy on hem processes even if i don't use Hem.

Areop

fozzy71
11-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I also have problems with performance. I play on stars and experience a lot of lag with the hud turned on!
I have the trial now and I'd like to buy it, but not before u take care of those numerous bugs!

Cheers!

I will PM you a link for the latest test build but will want you to send us results and log files to help us with debugging and answer some questions.

- when does it happen? Is there a certain point that always freezes/lags?

- how often does it happen? every import? every mouse movement? Every 2-3 seconds? Every 5 seconds? Every 30 seconds?

- What ribbon are you on in HM2 when this happens?

Please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file.

Please 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org) the file before attaching it, as sometimes text files can become corrupted as attachments.

- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

XP:
c:\documents and settings\{username}\application data\HoldemManager

7/vista
c:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager

Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable “Hide protected operating system files”: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html) - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Hi,

I just test the new patch.

It works fine for one hour (speed oki, less lag, notecaddy ok)

But we've lost the bouton to select wich Hud we want to use. we have to use the HEM2 menu in HUD OPTIONS.

After one hour test and two tables opened on party poker, i closed them. And I've done a session review with 600 hand in it.

I have lunched for one hour. Hem still open on session review.

Came back and look Hem, close the session review, the party poker lobby and after 5 minutes i checked my cpus.

Both were about 80-90% busy on hem process.

Sorry about that but we still have this cpus problem. I close Hem and opened it again and now my cpus are 25-40% busy on hem processes even if i don't use Hem.

Areop

This is most likely Notecaddy - HM2 is typically close to 0% CPU when idle unless Notecaddy is running.

Please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file.

Please 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org) the file before attaching it, as sometimes text files can become corrupted as attachments.

- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

XP:
c:\documents and settings\{username}\application data\HoldemManager

7/vista
c:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager

Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable “Hide protected operating system files”: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html) - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Now try disabling NC and see if it helps: HM2 > HUD Options > Displayed Stats > [ ] Show Caddy Notes

Restart HM2

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your new log.txt file.

johncc
11-17-2011, 12:19 PM
out of interest how can I tell what % of the cpu/Ram hem is using I would be very interested simply because i dont get these problems and am running on a small 2gb laptop

i am guessing 110k = 110MB so thats just over 10% of my ram
and my cpu varies from 9-20%

with HM turned off cpu hardly alters if i am reading task manager right

fozzy71
11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
If you have Vista or W7 you can use Resource Monitor - Taking A Closer Look At Windows Resource Monitor (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/closer-windows-resource-monitor/)