PDA

View Full Version : several questions

Shloogy
07-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Hello
i wanted to test HM but i could only import 5k hands.
how am i suppose to be able to test its features, statistics and HUD on live game with just 5K hands?

i am really interested in HM but i cant make such a decision based on that form of trial.

also, does the HUD can show opponents pre flop raise per position? i.e i am on BTN and UTG is open raising. can i see whats his UTG pfr range from that exact position?

thanks in advance,

morny
07-13-2008, 02:01 PM
There is occassional unlimited trials for x amount of days. I believe this will be available soon again when Roy moves to a new server. You can email him to verify

On the 2nd question yes the HUD shows PFR by position and also 3bet By Position.

Shloogy
07-14-2008, 04:30 AM
so when will i know when i can use a normal trial?
regards,

morny
07-14-2008, 06:52 AM
The 5k trial is available but ive no ETA on when the next unlimited trial is currently

Shloogy
07-14-2008, 12:35 PM
how will i know ..? this is really strange

morny
07-14-2008, 03:44 PM
There is no ETA on when the unlimited trial will be available, that trial lets you import unlimited amounts of hands for a short period but theres no schedule for the next one so you can use the free trial currently available or keep an eye on the forums for updates. Sorry for the confusion.

Skuzzy
07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello
i wanted to test HM but i could only import 5k hands.
how am i suppose to be able to test its features, statistics and HUD on live game with just 5K hands?

i am really interested in HM but i cant make such a decision based on that form of trial.

also, does the HUD can show opponents pre flop raise per position? i.e i am on BTN and UTG is open raising. can i see whats his UTG pfr range from that exact position?

thanks in advance,

Most people will have no problem testing HEM with a 5k hand limit. The HUD can be setup, altered and tested at many game types, window sizes etc. independant of the number of hands in the database. The stats are much easier to 'test' with just 5k hands to check against, on a million hand db its damn near impossible to confirm that a statistic is accurate by checking the raw data.

If the trial was say 50k hands then that will let many 'freeloaders' simply rinse and repeat getting a very accurate and complete breakdown of their play and excellent analysis tools and decent working stats for the HUD without ever paying for the software.

If you want independent trustworthy reviews visit the software forum at 2+2, Roy and Holdem Manager and his other software like Tourney Manager are peer reviewed there and their pedigree and the level of excellence will be obvious.

TBH, I wish Holdem Manager had no trial at all, but my needs/wants from the software are diametrically opposed to those of the developers. :p

Shloogy
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
wow skuzzy i cant believe:eek: that u have actually wrote that.please man dont insult me by mention that people "might abuse it" o 50k hands etc...are u serious? don' mean sound that harsh but please don't make comments like that in the future.i asking kindly when there will be a unlimited version of the trial so i would be able to check the software for myself, see how it feels and feats.

hope that dont sounds bad...

cheers :)