PDA

View Full Version : right-click problems using Parallels (Mac)

urbanmyth
08-01-2009, 10:22 PM
My HUD display is a mess.

I tried to use separate panels so that I can put the abbr. name over the Pokerstars name, then a space for their stack, then the other panel underneath that.

Now my HUD is a mess, with the panels separated, and they jumped all around so that I don't know which go with which. I went back and unchecked "enable multiple panels", and it went back to one solid panel in tourneys, but not in cash games.

The problem is that in using VM fusion (similar to Parallels, which allows you to run a virtual machine using Windows within a Mac), the right-click is accessed by control+click, and HEM has two different commands, right-click and control+click to move the panels (the first for moving both panels together, the second for moving the two independently)

Help!

I need to get the cash table HUD back in order so I can tell which stats belong to which player. Also, need to know how to keep them from jumping around each time the auto-import updates the HUD.

I need to figure out the confusion between right-click and control-click. Since contro-click moves the panels independently, how do I move them together, or is this impossible?

netsrak
08-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Lots of questions, i hope i can help you a little bit.

VMWare problems: do you have the vmware tools installed? They should help you with the CTRL problems. If not you should try fullscreen mode.

HUD: Please make sure you use the latest Beta 1.09.21 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

How to adjust the HUD:
- configure preferred seating in the Stars client and in HM -> Hud options -> seating preferences
- Open ONE table, play at least one hand and wait for the stats to be positioned.
- Move the Stats to the players they belong to.
- Save this settings via the table manager -> save positions.
- Now you can open other tables. But it will need at least one played hand by your for the stats to be positioned.

fozzy71
08-02-2009, 09:05 AM

Now my HUD is a mess, with the panels separated, and they jumped all around so that I don't know which go with which. I went back and unchecked "enable multiple panels", and it went back to one solid panel in tourneys, but not in cash games.

Make sure all the configs (including default) are setup properly on the Use For: tab.

I need to get the cash table HUD back in order so I can tell which stats belong to which player. Also, need to know how to keep them from jumping around each time the auto-import updates the HUD.

Delete yout \holdem manager\config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt. That willr eset the files to default and your HUD positions.

I need to figure out the confusion between right-click and control-click. Since contro-click moves the panels independently, how do I move them together, or is this impossible?

On my PC I always use Ctrl + Right-Click + Drag. To move all of 1 players multiple-panels, you want to make sure you grab their main/first panel (usually has the asterisk note icon attached). That will make the otehr sub-panels for that player follow along. Once the main panel is in place, you can position that player's sub-panels.

harrissr
08-04-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm having a similar problem. I run holdem manager on a powermac pro using bootcamp. I have never been able to right click or ctrl-right click drag to move the hud displays. I've updated to the latest beta and gone through the other suggestions.

Since it's bootcamp, I'm in a full Windows environment, so technically this isn't really a Mac problem. My mouse works in every other instance, and I can right click with every other program.

This is the case on both FTP and Stars.

urbanmyth
08-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Harris:
Do you use a Mac mouse or PC?
I am asking b/c I use a Mac mouse, and am unable to use right-click at all. I have the right-button set to "secondary button" in system preferences

harrissr
08-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I've used both the macbook pro touchpad and the standard external mac mouse. Neither works to right click in HEM.

dgonzo23
10-10-2009, 01:46 AM
So is there an answer to this problem? I've had holdem manager for almost a month now and have not been able to align the panels. The panels do not move well with my mouse, its like they won't settle unless they're about an inch from where I want them.

Also, forcing the panels on top causes problems because they're always in the way, alternatively, when I don't force them on top every time a table pops up to stats disappear until I move the table slightly.

Lastly Holdem manager wouldn't be completely worthless to me if I could at least get the panels to become transparrant* , but I can't get this to work either. Please help me out.

*edit

netsrak
10-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Sorry but we have no Mac experts here. Possibly a user can help?