PDA

View Full Version : Note Caddy stops when creating notes

macteddy
11-13-2011, 08:03 AM
My notecaddy stops when it is creating notes. It stops on hand 181660 every time !
On my labtop its the same - exept is stops at a different specific hand.
I have tryed to reset notes and start over several times - but the result i the same.
After stopping it just uses about 70% of my cpu power on nothing, making everything slow. And HM2 is'nt exactly fast to begin with.

So far the only thing I have gotten out of buying HM2 & Notecaddy is frustrations - and thats not much for all that money..

sreticentv
11-13-2011, 08:18 AM
do you play SNG/MTT? I have found from looking at logs that the "wiz" notes sometimes cause this. If you go to the NC tab and make the "wiz call" and "wiz shove" notes inactive, does this still happen?

macteddy
11-13-2011, 08:24 AM
I play Mtt's on Ongame mostly.
I saw that suggestion in another tread - and have tryied that, but it dosnt change anything.

sreticentv
11-13-2011, 04:38 PM
does this still happen with the new patch that was just released a few hours ago? If so, please email me your teamviewer details so I can have a look at it

support@notecaddy.com

macteddy
11-14-2011, 08:02 AM
It did'nt change anything.
I have just sent you an email with my Teamviewer details.

invictus
11-19-2011, 09:42 AM
I had the same problem with NC hanging on a certain hand. I enabled verbose logging and had a look at the log file to see which hand it was having problems with. I noticed that the hand in question was from the poker room PKR and was for a special 'lottery' shootout tournament qualifier. The structure of this is HU and automatically put both players all in on every hand until all players bar the qualifiers are knocked out. On my log most of the hand looked normal, but I noticed that the blind level was reported as $0/$0. I don't know if NC couldn't process the hand as it did not have all the information (i.e blind levels) or was from a special type of tournament.

I sorted the problem out by removing the hand from the DB.

sreticentv
11-19-2011, 05:04 PM
thats some pretty sick skills right there. If all customers could do that I would be sipping margaritas on the beach. I am hopeful this issue was fixed though as of the last release. If you have any more problem hands I would be very happy for you to send them to me so I can make sure nobody else is impacted by this type of thing

invictus
11-19-2011, 05:15 PM
If you sell enough NC then you will be sipping margaritas on the beach anyway ;)

LeviJ88
11-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I have the exact same problems, NC hanging on hands. I have a filter setup to only do notes on 1/2-5/10 plo cash games on stars, which should also be the only type of HH's I've imported into this new database. I'm going to try this verbose logging and see if I can find the HH that its hanging on...

LeviJ88
11-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Everytime it hangs, i close and restart HM2 and it picks up from where it left off. Clicking the stop/start button does nothing.

Where can I view the log files?

invictus
11-19-2011, 06:20 PM
You may want to send a verbose log to support. The problem is that it's not in the latest hm2 build. What you can do is download the latest notecaddy build at http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip

Make sure hm2 is closed then copy paste the zip file's contents into C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2

Then follow these instructions How to make a log and send it to support but make sure to select the verbose options in NC settings (How to make a log and send it to support (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support))

Also see:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/147001-notecaddy-hangs-while-processing.html

I dont think you have to do verbose logging all the way through and you might be able to start the notmal import, stop a few hundred hands before the problem hand, enable verbose logging then start import again. when it stops on that hand close HM 2 and check the log file (should be the last hand at the bottom of the page). Find it in your databases and delete. if the shortcut way doesnt work you might need to verbose log from the beginning but be warned it takes ages and creates a big log file.

sreticentv
11-19-2011, 06:26 PM
I have the exact same problems, NC hanging on hands. I have a filter setup to only do notes on 1/2-5/10 plo cash games on stars, which should also be the only type of HH's I've imported into this new database. I'm going to try this verbose logging and see if I can find the HH that its hanging on...

or email the hands to me and I will get it sorted support@notecaddy.com

I will delete your hands right when I am done with them - please don't worry about privacy as I have you covered

LeviJ88
11-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I followed invictus' link on how to make a log and send to support, but I cannot locate a note caddy folder anywhere like it says to under Note Caddy Standalone. Probably because I only have the app? So.. still stuck on where to find this log file.

c:\users\YourWindowsLogin\AppData\Roaming\HoldemMa nager <- found the log file here but has nothing to do with NC.

closed/opened again and NC did 10k hands before hanging. closed/opened and NC has just gone through 200k hands w/o hanging, still going!

My DB is 11m hands, kinda large to email. I'm not sure which hands its hanging on and unsure which hands to zip and send.

sreticentv
11-20-2011, 03:16 PM
yeah the hard part is finding the problem hand. The log you mentioned is the hem log which does contain the NC information. One thing I did before was connect my nc to someone else's database and I found the problem very quickly. If this keeps happening and you don't object, we could try that. It's kind of complicated though

bloodysnow
12-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Note Caddy stops when creating notes.

I found
JST ERROR: relation "notecaddy_metrics" does not exist at character 8
in postgreSQL log.

How can I make relation "notecaddy_metrics"?

nilaynilay
12-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Note Caddy stops when creating notes.

I found
JST ERROR: relation "notecaddy_metrics" does not exist at character 8
in postgreSQL log.

How can I make relation "notecaddy_metrics"?

Pls send me your logs to support@notecaddy.com along with a clear description.
How to make a log and send it to support (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support)