PDA

View Full Version : 0days left on trial

Keith_MM
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
had the upgrade notice come through and went to upgrade to 5602. donloaded and tried top instal it several times on the same computer and it kept saying that there was already a version of HEM2 running ,shut it down and try again. when i shut it down and tried to run hem 2 again it went through the same process , redownloaded and then same error message . Tried to download the direct download and install that and it kept hanging atthe login to holdem manager account screen. eventually it went through and then i got the 0 days remaining on your trial screen .and a button to purchase which took me to the purchasing web page.

Anyway of getting the full trial period before having to purchase ? and should HEM2 check to see if it has already downloaded the update and do a checksum on it , rather than just going into a loop of downloading the update ,crashing, download the update again and crashing and so on.

udbrky
11-14-2011, 12:58 AM
I forwarded your email to the sales department to look into.

The next time that there is an update, please add hmupdate.exe to your antivirus exceptions list.

We need the crash log when you get a crash. The way you're describing this, it sounds like your antivirus is blocking the update process.

Where is:
My log file
7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

Keith_MM
11-14-2011, 06:01 AM
I think I've tracked down the cause of the problem. Somehow the date on the computer had been changed to october rather than november. moved it forward to the correct date and update process went through first time and screen showed 14 days remaining .