PDA

View Full Version : Notecaddy APP in HM2 performance issue

Bacco777
11-12-2011, 10:08 AM
I bought and used NC2 seperately during use of HM1. I had note-taking speeds of up to 450-500 hands per second. Now, I am only getting a maximum of 75 h/s and usually only 50 h/s.

I have i7 3.0 proc and 12 GB of RAM so its def not my hardware.

Why is this? And are you willing to hold a teamviewer meeting to sort this out?

Thanks.

sreticentv
11-12-2011, 01:52 PM
if you go into notecaddy database settings via file->settings, is the thread count maxed out? Do you have "use turbo hand grabber" selected?

The default note definitions used in the hm-app are more complex than the recommended defaults for the standalone. Also, there are 55 instead of 25 which makes a difference as well. Finally, the hm-app frequently pauses so that HEM itself has all the available computer resources when it wants to do something. Therefore, the hm-app will never be exactly as fast as the standalone

Bacco777
11-12-2011, 08:15 PM
That did the trick. Up @ 540 notes/second again checking the "use turbo" option . Thanks for the reply. Great software, but I'm sure it will get better.

Cheers

sreticentv
11-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Indeed I would like to get 2 more feature releases in before the end of the year. I think one of the new features is going to be potentially game changing but obviously NC needs to work as is for everyone before I can release more stuff