PDA

View Full Version : I have a coach. He wants my hand histories. Gulp!

Natchez Too
07-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Help please.

I have found a coach. He is going to take my hand histories and we are going to go through tournaments that I have played. I am a techno-dummy. Here is what he wants and my response in bold:

1.) Regarding hand histories, best thing to do is send me 10-15 of your most recent tournaments; put them in a folder, ZIP the folder, and send the ZIP file to me.

How do I put them in a folder and how do I ZIP them? Create a folder in the same directory as the hand histories? Then drag and drop or copy?

If you don’t have HEM move processed files...

I don’t even know what those are.

,then you can find your hand histories in C:\Program Files\FullTilt\Hand Histories. If HEM moves your processed files...

Well, at least I know that they are being moved because they are not in C:\Program Files\FullTilt\Hand Histories now.

, then you can find them in whatever folder you have HEM move processed files to.

Really stupid, but I can’t find it yet. How do I?

If you can, make sure you send me the HH files and the tournament summary files (you can tell which is which from the file name).

Tell me how I can tell by the file name. What do I look for?

I’ll import the files before our session, and host a remote desktop session using Mikogo (software download at www.mikogo.com).

It is embarassing to expose my lack of technical knowlege to this august group, but I had to.

Can any of you help me on this?

Thanks,

Natchez Too

fozzy71
07-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Help please.

I have found a coach. He is going to take my hand histories and we are going to go through tournaments that I have played. I am a techno-dummy. Here is what he wants and my response in bold:

1.) Regarding hand histories, best thing to do is send me 10-15 of your most recent tournaments; put them in a folder, ZIP the folder, and send the ZIP file to me.

How do I put them in a folder and how do I ZIP them? Create a folder in the same directory as the hand histories? Then drag and drop or copy?

Create a new folder in the same directory.

Copy and paste the files into the new folder.

Install www.7zip.org

Right-Click the new folder > 7Zip > Add to FileName.7z

If you don’t have HEM move processed files...

I don’t even know what those are.

,then you can find your hand histories in C:\Program Files\FullTilt\Hand Histories. If HEM moves your processed files...

Well, at least I know that they are being moved because they are not in C:\Program Files\FullTilt\Hand Histories now.

, then you can find them in whatever folder you have HEM move processed files to.

Really stupid, but I can’t find it yet. How do I?

HM Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ____

If you can, make sure you send me the HH files and the tournament summary files (you can tell which is which from the file name).

Tell me how I can tell by the file name. What do I look for?

I’ll import the files before our session, and host a remote desktop session using Mikogo (software download at www.mikogo.com).

It is embarassing to expose my lack of technical knowlege to this august group, but I had to.

Can any of you help me on this?

Thanks,

Natchez Too

The file names are almost identical, except one has the word summary in it.

FT20090730 $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (101209939), Table 1 - 15-30 - No Limit Hold'em.txt

FT20090730 $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go - (101209939) - Summary.txt

Natchez Too
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
You make this sound very simple. I hope I can do it. Thank you very much.

Natchez Too