PDA

View Full Version : Postgres problems

husker
07-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Can't connect today. Is this because of the Windows update I've just had earlier today?

If so, is there a simple solution?

Tried looking at some of the solutions given but I can't log into the Absolute FAQ Manager. What username and password should I be using for this?

netsrak
07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Open the FAQ via www.holdemmanager.net -> Support

I guess your Postgreql service is not running. At first you should reboot your computer or try to start the service manually.

You'll find a lot of help in the FAQ:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

husker
07-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Tried the advice in the posts above and also gone through all the steps in the 'Still can't connect to PostgreSQL...' sticky and now I'm getting the following message

'The following error occured when trying to open the database: FATAL: 3D000: database "HoldemManagerm does not exist"

I'm not very techy so it's possible I've done something wrong but I pretty much followed the instructions word for word

fozzy71
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
That is a standard error when it doesn't find the DB name it expects. Does it let you go beyond that error and show the DB Control Panel and the list of DBs?

husker
07-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes it does.

fozzy71
07-30-2009, 01:58 PM
It shouldn't be anything to worry about as long as your DB(s) that you named are in the list. Just set one as default and start HM.

husker
07-30-2009, 02:09 PM
I selected 'Add database' and selected 'holdem manager'. Hem is now starting, which is a big improvement but there is no data at all.

How do I find my old database? I'm assuming it will be in some standard location as I never really change anything.

fozzy71
07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
There were no DB names listed in the DB control panel? If so, the database is likely unrecoverable. You will need to import your archived hands to the new DB, if the old DB does not appear in the list.

husker
07-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Getting there but still having some problems. I auto imported my hands, which took roughly an hour, but some of them seem to be missing. For example, this month is only showing around 500 hands instead of approx 16,000

fozzy71
07-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Getting there but still having some problems. I auto imported my hands, which took roughly an hour, but some of them seem to be missing. For example, this month is only showing around 500 hands instead of approx 16,000

Did you import them using the latest beta version of HM - 1.09 beta 21?

You should be using the Import From Folder option for bulk imports, not auto import. Did you change the auto-import settings from your poker client HH folder to your archive folder first? What is the actual path of the archive folder?

husker
07-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Think I've got there now. Thanks for your help (and patience)

fozzy71
07-31-2009, 01:50 PM
No problem. If you have any troubles let us know. One way or another, we can get you up and running. ;)