PDA

View Full Version : Prima freezes while using HEM

pharity
07-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi guys, I am fearing this will be a tough one...

I've been using HEM for about a year, exclusively playing on Prima (Unibet). No real problems whatsoever until two weeks ago.

Then, all of a sudden, mppoker.exe started to crash every now and then. The kind of crash when the poker tables turn white and mppoker.exe isn't responding although it doesn't terminate. OK, weird. And I didn't have a virus. I thought my 1GB RAM was finally hitting the roof so I bought another GB of RAM and expected the problems to stop. Which they didn't.

I tried complete reinstallations of both the poker software and HEM but the problem persisted. I wanted to find out that it was in fact caused by the poker software and nothing else so the first obvious thing to try was to play without using HEM. And in fact the poker client was working perfectly when I didn't have HEM running. I have now verified this 6-7 times, playing long sessions. Not a single crash. But when I use HEM it sometimes freezes after only 5 minutes, sometimes it works for 30 minutes. It always crashes within an hour.

Then I tried to completely uninstall HEM and installing the stable 1.08.04 version. Didn't make a difference.

Then I tried to keep all settings in HEM by default (not replacing the config files). Then I tried to use a new empty database but mppoker was still freezing so it didn't have anything to do with the particular database either.

Then I formatted the HD, making a new clean windows installation. Further problems wasn't at all realistic in my mind. But guess what, now I sit here, and the mppoker.exe is still freezing while HEM is running.

You are probably going to say: Check your RAM etc for malfunctions and possibly switch drivers for various devices. Yes I am going to do both, but what makes me post this in your forum is that these problems occur ONLY while HEM is running and havn't ever occurred while HEM isn't running. If this is caused by a hardware malfunction and not software, then the crashes likely wouldn't only happen when I am using a specific program (HEM).

I do not wish to buy a new computer. I am begging for some help.

EDIT: I am using XP.

Best wishes
Michael

netsrak
07-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Please update to the latest Beta 1.09.20: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

and check this:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=172
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=158

and you can try different settings for the opacity slider in Hud Options -> Player Preferences -> Appearance for your active HUD

pharity
08-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the suggestions

I've tried the relevant suggestions in your threads without success. Any more ideas?

EDIT: An important clue is that it's not crashing when I just datamine even if the HUD is running. Seems to only happen when I am playing..

Thanks

netsrak
08-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I'll forward it to Mike, i hope he has an idea.

pharity
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi

Time to revive this thread. It has come to my attention that I am far from the only one suffering from this problem.

Since I last posted in this thread I have bought a new, top of the line computer with different hardware from top til toe.

The problems aren't as common as before, but the same thing happens on occation.

I recently talked to a friend of mine who has the same problem. He says that he has heard from a lot of guys playing at prima using HEM, that they experience the same thing.

The thing is that few will relate these problems to HEM. If the poker client crashes, the poker client must be the problem right? So they call support and nothing happens because the problem is actually somehere else.

Something has to be done about this. I know this is not an easy problem to look into, because it's hard to recreate and hard to log, nevertheless it has to be done.

Best regards, Michael

netsrak
09-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the info, i'll forward it..

Rvg72
09-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi guys, I am fearing this will be a tough one...

I've been using HEM for about a year, exclusively playing on Prima (Unibet). No real problems whatsoever until two weeks ago.

Then, all of a sudden, mppoker.exe started to crash every now and then. The kind of crash when the poker tables turn white and mppoker.exe isn't responding although it doesn't terminate. OK, weird. And I didn't have a virus. I thought my 1GB RAM was finally hitting the roof so I bought another GB of RAM and expected the problems to stop. Which they didn't.

I tried complete reinstallations of both the poker software and HEM but the problem persisted. I wanted to find out that it was in fact caused by the poker software and nothing else so the first obvious thing to try was to play without using HEM. And in fact the poker client was working perfectly when I didn't have HEM running. I have now verified this 6-7 times, playing long sessions. Not a single crash. But when I use HEM it sometimes freezes after only 5 minutes, sometimes it works for 30 minutes. It always crashes within an hour.

Then I tried to completely uninstall HEM and installing the stable 1.08.04 version. Didn't make a difference.

Then I tried to keep all settings in HEM by default (not replacing the config files). Then I tried to use a new empty database but mppoker was still freezing so it didn't have anything to do with the particular database either.

Then I formatted the HD, making a new clean windows installation. Further problems wasn't at all realistic in my mind. But guess what, now I sit here, and the mppoker.exe is still freezing while HEM is running.

You are probably going to say: Check your RAM etc for malfunctions and possibly switch drivers for various devices. Yes I am going to do both, but what makes me post this in your forum is that these problems occur ONLY while HEM is running and havn't ever occurred while HEM isn't running. If this is caused by a hardware malfunction and not software, then the crashes likely wouldn't only happen when I am using a specific program (HEM).

I do not wish to buy a new computer. I am begging for some help.

EDIT: I am using XP.

Best wishes
Michael

Hi, do you see any pattern in the crashes? For example, after a showdown or when you right click on a certain hud stat? Also, how big is your GameHistory.dat file? If you use close Prima and then rename the file it should create a brand new one - does this help?

You said it doesn't happen when you data mine - is auto import running during this and do you have the hud running too? When you are playing are you still using the data mining software that you use?

Thanks,
Roy

guybrush
09-26-2009, 12:33 AM
i have the same problem on tellpoker

it startet with the new waitlist and usually it crashes
when i add new tables to the waitlist

pharity
10-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi, do you see any pattern in the crashes? For example, after a showdown or when you right click on a certain hud stat? Also, how big is your GameHistory.dat file? If you use close Prima and then rename the file it should create a brand new one - does this help?

You said it doesn't happen when you data mine - is auto import running during this and do you have the hud running too? When you are playing are you still using the data mining software that you use?

Thanks,
Roy

Hi Roy

I have not seen any pattern yet, I will try to find one.

I always delete the Gamehistory.dat before every session.

When i data mine I have the auto import running and sometimes, but not always, the hud is running too. I usually minimize the poker tables when I data mine, so I will try to data mine a few times without minimizing them and see if there is any difference.

I don't use any other mining software besides HEM.

Thanks for your attention Roy

/Mike

franier
10-31-2009, 09:39 AM
I have the same problem. When iam using auto import the client crash after a while (about 2 hours). iam not using HUD. I use only auto import. So i think the problem is about file access conflict on "GameHistory.dat"

fozzy71
10-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Change Subfolders option to No, in the auto-import settings for ongame.

Delete/move the handhistory file, reboot your computer and try again.

ytricky
11-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I have the samle problem on unbet. When i try to open an new table the table window turns white. The action on the rest of the tables is still going, but i cant click on them. When i press ctrl+alt+del and open the taskmanager i can then again click on the tables that run, but the frozen one stays frozen.

I have windows vista at the moment
and Hem 1.09.02

fozzy71
11-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I have the samle problem on unbet. When i try to open an new table the table window turns white. The action on the rest of the tables is still going, but i cant click on them. When i press ctrl+alt+del and open the taskmanager i can then again click on the tables that run, but the frozen one stays frozen.

I have windows vista at the moment
and Hem 1.09.02

Is HM and your poker client set to run as admin?

Sset \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Do the same for any/all poker applications.

The new unibet table turns white? Does HM or the HUD crash? If you close the HUD does it work OK? If you close HM and the HUD does it work OK? What other programs are you running?

ytricky
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I set all the exes to run as administrator but it still happens. The affected tables and lobby dont work again if i shut down hem. I have to restart unibet completetly.

fozzy71
12-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

I want to be sure you have the import folders setup correctly, but I think you are gonna be best off using www.revouninstaller.com to reinstall your poker client.

ytricky
12-07-2009, 11:55 AM
There you go.

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I am not sure what to suggest other than reinstalling it using revo uninstaller. Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? You may want to try uninstalling them and rebooting to make sure they arent causing a conflict also.

tompoker88
12-07-2009, 10:10 PM
i have the same problem with party, on my laptop (vista, 32bit), previous XP 32bit and now win7 64bit (fresh installed on a SSD). i think it does not happen when i dont import hands. it is seamingly independend of the HUD being active or not.
how can i solve this problem?

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 10:43 PM
i have the same problem with party, on my laptop (vista, 32bit), previous XP 32bit and now win7 64bit (fresh installed on a SSD). i think it does not happen when i dont import hands. it is seamingly independend of the HUD being active or not.
how can i solve this problem?

Please start a new thread for your problems and give as many details about the problem and your system as possible.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

guybrush
12-08-2009, 03:15 AM
i have this problem on my new and my old pc so im pretty sure uninstalling wont help

the problem startet with the new waitlist/software update a few month ago

ytricky
12-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I think this is some kind of graphical glitch with the hud. It only happens when i try to open a table through the open button on holdemmanager. Also everytime i open a table this way the hud flashes through the hem window, so i see the black boxes with the stats flickering through.

fozzy71
12-09-2009, 01:04 PM
i have this problem on my new and my old pc so im pretty sure uninstalling wont help

the problem startet with the new waitlist/software update a few month ago

I think this is some kind of graphical glitch with the hud. It only happens when i try to open a table through the open button on holdemmanager. Also everytime i open a table this way the hud flashes through the hem window, so i see the black boxes with the stats flickering through.

Please start a new thread for your problems and give as many details about the problem and your system as possible. It is much easier for us to keep everyone's problems separate that way.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?