PDA

View Full Version : Problem Installing POSTGRESQL

saultnutz
07-29-2009, 02:58 PM
let me first start by saying that i am really bad with computers so if you can answer in a language a 5 yr old can understand.....

while installing postgresql from the link on the support website, i encounter the following. i have turned off the pc user thingy as advised to, have turned off windows firewall the only antivirus software i have and im using vista basic

the the 'activating procedural languages' part..

1- 'error - failed to connect to the database procedural languages files are installed but are not activated on any database'

then

2 - 'could not connect to server connection refused (0x0000274D/10066) is the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and accepting tcp/ip connections on port 5432?'

then

3- failed to connect to the template1 database contrib files are installed but are not activated in any database,

then #2 message again.

then it finishes, but hem cannot connect to postgresql in the first step of running hem.

HELP!!!!!!

netsrak
07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
I think the easiest way is if we help you with the installation:

Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

saultnutz
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM
ok, ty

i emailed him. hope to hear soon would like to get it running b4 14 day trial ends :)

08-01-2009, 11:26 PM
let me first start by saying that i am really bad with computers so if you can answer in a language a 5 yr old can understand.....

I'm in the exact same boat....

I have this same problem and i've been searching all over for solutions but i just can't get postgresql to connect. I have it working on my other computer which runs on windows XP but i still cant get it to work on the vista one. Some solutions are just a hassle for me to try because I'm so computer illiterate. Any help would be great.

example of my incompetence:
http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8182
I have no clue how to edit this file. It won't let me save.

fozzy71
08-02-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm in the exact same boat....

I have this same problem and i've been searching all over for solutions but i just can't get postgresql to connect. I have it working on my other computer which runs on windows XP but i still cant get it to work on the vista one. Some solutions are just a hassle for me to try because I'm so computer illiterate. Any help would be great.

example of my incompetence:
I have no clue how to edit this file. It won't let me save.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com software using all the default settings.

saultnutz
08-02-2009, 08:58 AM
fabio fixed me up in about 15 minutes - he rocks!!!!!!!

jools_c
08-03-2009, 03:31 PM

while installing postgresql from the link on the support website, i encounter the following. i have turned off the pc user thingy as advised to, have turned off windows firewall the only antivirus software i have and im using vista basic

the the 'activating procedural languages' part..

1- 'error - failed to connect to the database procedural languages files are installed but are not activated on any database'

then

2 - 'could not connect to server connection refused (0x0000274D/10066) is the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and accepting tcp/ip connections on port 5432?'

then

3- failed to connect to the template1 database contrib files are installed but are not activated in any database,

then #2 message again.

then it finishes, but hem cannot connect to postgresql in the first step of running hem.

HELP!!!!!!

I have the same problem...Would be nice, if you can help me too!

netsrak
08-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Please check your firewall / spyware settings. It may be a good idea to disable them for the installation.

Under Vista make sure UAC is disabled.

If you can't figure it out send a mail to fabio@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread to arrange a teamviewer session.

jools_c
08-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Please check your firewall / spyware settings. It may be a good idea to disable them for the installation.

Under Vista make sure UAC is disabled.

If you can't figure it out send a mail to fabio@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread to arrange a teamviewer session.

Fabio gave me a link to an interesting thread:

It works now, ty!