PDA

View Full Version : HM2 Sync / Database Questions

freeeeeeedom
11-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Dear HM2 Creators,
I have installed on laptop and desktop, I have sync'd both databases with the online server. Is there a way to have
hands I play on both seperate computers, import to both computer's databases? (i play a hand on laptop, it shows up on my reports/session on my desktop HM2?, I was under the impression this was a feature for the new sync process
or does sync only act as an online storage in case your database gets corrupted?)

Secondly, with the HM2 app, how do you set it up to access hand histories and or access your sync'd database, so
far the itunes HM2 app seems all but useless.

Thank you for your dogged efforts to improve your product, you're doing a great job.

Matt

udbrky
11-12-2011, 04:49 AM
Sync is set up so that you can control when you sync - so that it won't be syncing while you're playing, or wanting to use your network more.

the way sync works is like this:

On Monday, you put all your hands onto your desktop and create a DB. Afterwards, you log into sync (make sure you put your id/pw in Settings) on your laptop. now, you have identical DB's.

on Tuesday, you play on your laptop 2000 hands. You sync on your laptop, these 2k hands are added to your prior DB in the cloud and matches the laptop.

On Wednesday, you play on your desktop. Prior, you could sync on the desktop, or you can wait until you're ready to play on it and then sync. These 2000 hands will now be added to your database on your desktop.

You can have the hand histories archived to one central location by sharing folders as mapped drives and listing the shared folders
map drive location as the archive location. Or, you can manually move the archive folders at a set time.
you play on comp 1.

thekabalist
11-27-2011, 03:42 PM
what about note caddy notes......???
i have just upgraded and tried sync....all good , all hand imported in second machine trough cloud...
but............it didnt import all caddy notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why is that...and how to have notes added to database too???

udbrky
11-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Notes do not sync. There is discussion regarding it.

ao17
11-30-2011, 04:55 AM
Are duplicate hands eliminated?

For example, if I have 100k hands on my laptop, 50k of which are also on my desktop (which in total has 225k hands including the 50k from my laptop) and I sync on the cloud with both my desktop and laptop will my database have 275k hands or will it have 325k hands (50k of the same hands)?

Sarek
11-30-2011, 06:03 AM
In theory Sync process should upload/download only difference between "cloud DB" and DB on PC.