PDA

View Full Version : Rake calculation

Frehonest
07-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Hi,
I'm a share holder and work as a manager at a poker room. We're on the Ongame Network. I'm also a poker player myself. Since I got some experience from the support, I know we have a lot of customers asking why the HEM rake numbers doesn't match with our numbers.

Some facts:
Our numbers are 100% accurate (and we apply gross rake without any network fees, or other fees whatsoever).

Some customers say that HEM is showing a much higher rake than our system shows, almost 100% more. For example, HEM shows a little more than $200, while our system shows $104.

We try to give them explanations for this, but they trust HEM and are very suspicious about us telling the truth. They simply believe that we are manipulating the numbers - but we don't do dirty business. We're a fair company that wants to give our customers the best possible service (including accurate numbers to support our loyalty cashback scheme).

Since they don't trust us, can someone from HEM please explain why the numbers can be so much different from the rake each player actually contributes to the house.

I'm very greatful for any detailed answers and explanations.

PS: I was not sure if I was allowed to mention what site I represent or not, so I keep it hidden for now.

netsrak
07-29-2009, 04:42 AM
Please contact support@holdemmanager.net directly to discuss this questions.

fozzy71
07-29-2009, 08:37 AM
This is the answer we always give the ongame players asking about rake.

It currently uses Total Rake / Total Players dealt cards which for some sites is not consistent with how they calculate rake.

You guys use contributed rake method, not dealt, afaik.

Clean
07-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Don't want to sidetrack, but this kind of applies: I've been on the 'player side' of this lately.

I understand with contributed, it's possible to play laggy enough to actually make more than the quoted dealt method in HEM. The rakeback I've received for two different sites has been WAY lower than the numbers my HEM quotes, but I've been playing 31/29 and 26/23 on the two sites. Is this still possible or am I just getting shafted?