PDA

View Full Version : HUD not working - Table Finder cannot find unattached hands

ratjepoepe
07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Well well,

Finally decided to buy HEM, I was a bit reluctant as I knew things wouldn't go very smooth in the beginning but it's just really great and necessary to develop my skills.

Everything seemed to go fine, until the HUD should have been there.

I'm using the most recent beta version and am playing on Pokerstars, only site I play. Autoimport works fine, new hands are imported and they show up in English in the right folder, UAC is disabled.

Tablefinder indicates problems. I get the message: I can not find any unattached hands. Please wait until the Manager has imported some.

I don't know if there can be problems elsewhere like postgresql as I don't have any clue how it works I think the installation was ok everywhere.

Config file is attached.

Help would be very very appreciated!

netsrak
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Please check your Pokerstars Auto-Import folder configuration. I think its wrong: C:\handhistorypokerstars\ratjepoepe

I guess it should be C:\handhistory\pokerstars\ratjepoepe or normally the default is C:\program files\pokerstars\handhistory.
Check the configuration of your Pokerstars Client.

ratjepoepe
07-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Nope, the name of the folder is right. The auto-import works as far as I know alright because it's importing the hands.

fozzy71
07-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Please answer these questions. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174)

You could also try to reproduce the problem, with logging enabled, and take a screen shot of the Table Manager and the contents of the \Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data folder.

ratjepoepe
07-29-2009, 01:17 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
Latest beta

If you don't have the latest version, go to the releases forum and download the newest version and relaunch the HUD to see if the problem still exists

2) a. What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?
Pokerstars, only one I play
b. Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button?
Yep

3) Often times, it is one setting or one box that has not been selected that causes the problem. Please see our detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with select poker sites to make sure that your HUD is set up properly for your selected poker site.
I see no problems

4) Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the correct folder.
They do
In Holdem Manager, navigate to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders and verify that the location of the folder Holdem Manager checks for is the hand histories folder of your poker client.

While playing, go to that folder on your PC and see if new hand histories that correspond to the tables your playing at are showing up. This is not relevant where the site uses a database like on Ongame or Prima.

If you can see the hand histories, right-click on the hand history, choose Properties and you should see the location of the hand history. Please highlight that location and copy and paste that location into the answer. This can be done by highlighting the text by holding down the left mouse button while highlighting the text and then right-clicking while the text is highlighted and choosing copy and then paste it into the forum.

4) If the hand histories are not showing up in the folder, then go back to the FAQ, as they should show you how to check the settings in the lobby to configure the poker site to save the Hand History and make sure its sending the Hand Histories to the correct location. Contact your poker site if your unsure to find out where you can set the location of the hand histories to save to.

5) So by now you should have confirmed in answering each question that you have setup the folders correctly and the hands are appearing in the correct folder.

Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager? Test this by playing a couple of hands and then going to the Reports tab in Holdem Manager. Navigate to Filter > Clear and for the date filter choose today. Do the hands that you just played import successfully?
Don't see them but HEM is also still busy with importing old hands
5a) If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they're not importing into the database, please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if it's a corrupt database.
I created a new database, no clue why btw. However this doesn't work either
6) Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work?
Tried, but get message with unattached hands as I mentioned above
7) If you open the hand history files, are they written in English? Note that they should be.
Yep
8) Make sure UAC is disabled and unselect it and restart if it is.
Yep
9) Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.
Done previsouly
If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager. To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

If anyone sees the problem please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Getting pretty desperate here.

ratjepoepe
07-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Could it perhaps help if I reinstall progressql?

fozzy71
07-29-2009, 01:47 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
Latest beta

Please tell me an actual version number. You wouldn't believe how many people say that, and are actually running 1.08.04. Current version is 1.09 beta 20.

If the hands are not appearing inside any of the HM tabs, then it may be an SQL problem. If you decide to reinstall SQL:

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips
(http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613)

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

*edit:
- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

ratjepoepe
07-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes, that one 1.09 beta 20.
Damn that uninstalling of postgress looks pretty ugly, however that logging. Is it only to improve it or is it possible that the HUD doesn't work without it?

I'll uninstall it and see if it works. Otherwise I f****ing uninstall everything and demand my money back :p

fozzy71
07-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Just so I am clear. The hands are importing according to the import tab. When you go to a sessions or reports tab, select Today or similar, and Filter > Clear, no hands are appearing down in the bottom Hands windows at all? Do the total hands appear in the upper windows of those tabs? Do you mind posting a screen shot before you do the SQL reinstall, so we can be a bit more sure I understand you properly?

The logging is a performance issue mostly, and a matter of wasted hard drive space for log files that will never be used. It won't affect you not seeing hands in the hands tab. The uninstall/reinstall/logging looks more ominous than it really is. I can probably do it in <30 minutes, though I have never really timed myself. ;) The importing of your hand archives will likely take longer.

If you run into problems just ask. We will help you get it running, even if that requires a remote support session.

ratjepoepe
07-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Hmm, removed PQL already and reinstalled it again.
However, still no HUD.

I've uploaded 4 screenshots, perhaps this helps:

http://i25.tinypic.com/f421b9.jpg (auto importing hands)
http://i31.tinypic.com/20qzv9h.jpg (run report today, finds nothing, however this can perhaps be explained by the fact that it's first running older hands???)
http://i32.tinypic.com/iwqby8.jpg (run report all hands, finds data)
http://i30.tinypic.com/148ma7k.jpg (table manager, can't find unattached hands)

Well that's it for now, I have no protection atm at all at my pc. Firewall and antivirus programs are switched of.

netsrak
07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
The auto-import is importing 790 files?
As long as he is doing this you will see no hud at the current tables.
Let this auto-import complete and after this check that the handhistory folder of your pokerclient is empty (the files should be moved automatically after 15 min to an archive folder which is in default c:\hmarchive)

ratjepoepe
07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
And it's working! At least for the cashgames, but I'll try the tourneys later.

Now it's time for the more difficult part: develop my skills by using HEM!!!

Thanks everybody! :)