PDA

View Full Version : hud not working on poker stars

nyyy1927
07-27-2009, 08:24 PM
auto import not finding any files. poker stars just updated itself when i started it though. I downloaded the latest update on this site also.

fozzy71
07-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Please be sure that HM actually updated properly and it says 1.09 Beta 20 in the title bar.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73) If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

If that doesn't help, please answer these questions. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174)

I am updating my pokerstars client now and plan on testing it soon. I have seen a couple other reports of this tonight.

nyyy1927
07-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Please keep in mind HEM was working fine even in the afternoon yesterday. I signed on in the evening to ps and ps updated itself, then i started playing and HEM found my table and kept trying to import but kept not finding anything.

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
1.09 beta 20

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
Pokerstars

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
yes

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
no

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
no

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
have not tried

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
disabled it and retried and still does not work

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
don't know what this is or how to do it

fozzy71
07-28-2009, 11:48 AM

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
don't know what this is or how to do it

9) Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager. To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Can you please zip and email some of the HHs to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread. I will try to import them here and see what happens.

nyyy1927
07-28-2009, 12:07 PM
here's my config file attached

fozzy71
07-28-2009, 12:14 PM

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
no

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
no

They imported with 0 errors for me (see attached). I think there is something wrong with your PostgreSQL installation, and a reinstall is likely the fastest/easiest solution.

I suggest you export your DB to text files, as an extra archive in addition to your \HMArchive folder.

How do I export or import hands into and from Holdem Manager? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173)

These next things are not necessary for reinstalling only SQL, but they are good to know in general.

Backup your Processed/Archived hand histories, your entire \config folder, and your exportednotes file. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=119) I usually just copy my entire \Holdem Manager directory.

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips
(http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613)

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

*edit:
- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

nyyy1927
07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
i will do this. but for future reference, why was my HEM working fine until the ps update?

fozzy71
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Your PostgreSQL installation and DB can get corrupted/damaged for no apparent reasons sometimes. It can happen during power outages while importing, but a lot of times it's difficult to tell what caused it. It may be possible to deduce (by someone way smarter than me), by going thru the SQL log files, but I personally recommend you turn off logging for performance/storage issues. It's typically a pretty quick process to reinstall, and most people can reimport their old DB text files while they sleep at worst.

nyyy1927
07-28-2009, 02:49 PM
How do I do this part?

"- run the command - start > run > cmd >

PHP Code:
net user postgres /delete "

nyyy1927
07-28-2009, 03:29 PM
i figured out how to do the command thing.

i finished uninstalling and reinstalling.
Manager is still not working, still says it doesn't find any new files

nyyy1927
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Its working!! Sorry, it actually is working now. Thanks for all the help.

fozzy71
07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Excellent. Glad to hear that.