PDA

View Full Version : Problems with PostgreSQL

NFLDpoker
07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi, im trying to download the HEM for the first time

i downloaded the trial version but cant get past the PostgreSQL requirements.

-ive successfully downloaded the trial version

-arrive at screen stating i need postgresql

-filled out all required info

-kept getting error message during postgresql installation

-" The specific data directory is not empty, if you have an existing database with the same major version number, you do not need to initialize a database cluster. If you have an existng database with a different major version you need to backup your old database and create a new one"

according to the instructions page, this is the last screen before installation is complete, obviously im unsure of this.

- need to tell you, i did originally try downloading HEM/Postgresql last week with no success, so i uninstalled and started trying again this morning.

thanks for any and all help.

ps: im a computer fish, so im not much help to myself with this stuff lol

netsrak
07-27-2009, 10:33 AM
The installation finds a prior postgresql installation.
Look for this installation via windows explorer and delete the directory (usually c:\program files\postgresql)

Then try the installation again.

NFLDpoker
07-27-2009, 10:59 AM
The installation finds a prior postgresql installation.
Look for this installation via windows explorer and delete the directory (usually c:\program files\postgresql)

Then try the installation again.

ive looked through all my programs, the only thing i see is the postgresql that i just tried installing, im not seeing any directory that i can delete.

am i looking in the right place?

sorry, like i said, not very good with this kind of stuff

netsrak
07-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I think the easiest is if we arrange a teamviewer session. Prepare Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) with the default settings and send the teamviewer id and password via mail to netsrak@holdemmanager.net

NFLDpoker
07-27-2009, 11:16 AM
do you have skype netsrak?

i already have team viewer all setup