PDA

View Full Version : help with HUD in tourneys (PS)

Brackett
07-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Just wondering, is the HUD designed to NOT show accumulated data on players in tournaments? Every tourney I have played, the HUD displays its data as though it has no record of anyone at the table having played a tournament hand before, including myself.

And when I am moved to another table, it resets my stats for that tournament while retaining the stats of anyone who happened to move with me to the same table.

This only occurs in tournaments, mind you - the HUD functions perfectly in ring games, filters and all. But seeing as how I mainly play tourneys of some kind or another, tourney functionality is far more important to me than ring game.

And yes, I have the latest version installed, correct Vista settings, etc. Importing is working fine, as I can dissect my results in every way possible, so it's not that tourneys aren't being imported somehow.

I have a feeling I'm just brain dead and forgot to check a box somewhere in the options, but I can't seem to find the solution in the manual, in the quick Q&A thread, or elsewhere on the forums, so....

Please, someone, tell me what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Just for clarification, this issue occurs in single table SnG's, MT SnG's, and regular MTT's as well.

fozzy71
07-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Just wondering, is the HUD designed to NOT show accumulated data on players in tournaments? Every tourney I have played, the HUD displays its data as though it has no record of anyone at the table having played a tournament hand before, including myself.

And when I am moved to another table, it resets my stats for that tournament while retaining the stats of anyone who happened to move with me to the same table.

The italicized parts are contradictory. The bolded part, is how it is supposed to work.

Your HUD display is supposed to start at 0 every time you sit at a new table. If someone at the table has 50 hands in your DB from a previous game, their stats should begin at 50.

HM is designed to only show your session stats at that table as we felt it was alot more useful for a couple of reasons

1) Alot of people will have a huge amount of stats on themselves so it saves lagging issues having to show these for yourself

2) Alot of regulars are very aware of their stats and when youve alot of stats accumalated it would take a huge swing just for 1 stat to change since youve such a big sample and so there not very useful

3) Its much more beneficial to see your session stats to get an idea of how aggressive or passive people will see you since you sat at that table. (again even if its against a reg youll know yourself your overall image or at least you should)

4) You can easily check your overall stats in the reports section to remind any stats but again most people know their stats pretty well.

Brackett
07-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the reply and clarification on my own stats. But why is there no "historical" data on my opponents being displayed? Am I missing something?

For clarification, everyone starts at zero hands, not just me. And in many cases they are people I recognize, who should therefore have a "history".

fozzy71
07-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Please try updating to the latest beta version from the link in my signature. You can also open up the HUD Options > Launch Active Player Details Window, to see their historical data, to verify if the HUD is incorrect.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73) If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

If that doesn't help, please answer these questions. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174)

BA Baracus
07-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Fozzy,

I'm new to HEM. Like Brackett, I'm focussed on MTT's & SNG's as well. I found this post because I wanted historical data on my opponents and my stats kept resetting when tables break (me & opponents)

The italicized parts are contradictory. The bolded part, is how it is supposed to work.

Your HUD display is supposed to start at 0 every time you sit at a new table. If someone at the table has 50 hands in your DB from a previous game, their stats should begin at 50.

I'm surprised to read this. Currently a guy playing 60/10 for 40 hands moves to a new table with me and suddenly his stats in HEM read 0/0. This is bad, REALLY bad, especially if I'm multitabling a bunch of tournaments. If I'm not paying attention and this normally passive guy suddenly raises from EP, I could be screwed. If a fish is raising 40% of hands, I might re-raise instead of fold.

My point is: I'd rather have his history over the tournament and/or lifetime stats. Is this possible?

I'm don't understand the 50 hand rule. Does this mean in 10 hands I will see how loose/passive he really is? Why not have access to his stats when I arrive at the table? One of the biggest reads you can get is "Hands". If my opponent has history on me, and I arrive at the table ignorant of our past history, he has a huge advantage.

HM is designed to only show your session stats at that table as we felt it was alot more useful for a couple of reasons

1) Alot of people will have a huge amount of stats on themselves so it saves lagging issues having to show these for yourself

2) Alot of regulars are very aware of their stats and when youve alot of stats accumalated it would take a huge swing just for 1 stat to change since youve such a big sample and so there not very useful

3) Its much more beneficial to see your session stats to get an idea of how aggressive or passive people will see you since you sat at that table. (again even if its against a reg youll know yourself your overall image or at least you should)

4) You can easily check your overall stats in the reports section to remind any stats but again most people know their stats pretty well.

One of the reasons I got HEM was to monitor how I'm playing throughout a given tournament (end-to-end) for image considerations. If I see I'm getting to LAG, I can "dial down" my aggression. Is there a way to see this info? It seems to restart my stats at each table. This is cool, but I'd like to see how I ran for the tourney

netsrak
07-29-2009, 04:35 AM
You must differ between your own stats and Villains stats.

Your own stats are only for a session.
Villains stats will be accumulated acc. to your settings in the table preferences and additional HUD filters.

fozzy71
07-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Fozzy,

I'm new to HEM. Like Brackett, I'm focussed on MTT's & SNG's as well. I found this post because I wanted historical data on my opponents and my stats kept resetting when tables break (me & opponents)

I'm surprised to read this. Currently a guy playing 60/10 for 40 hands moves to a new table with me and suddenly his stats in HEM read 0/0. This is bad, REALLY bad, especially if I'm multitabling a bunch of tournaments. ...
My point is: I'd rather have his history over the tournament and/or lifetime stats. Is this possible?

It should not happen this way. If someone you have played eariler, whether in this tourney or days before, sits at a table with you, their lifetime stats will display.

I'm don't understand the 50 hand rule.

I don't know what '50 hand rule' you are talking about. A 50 hand sample for semi-reliable stats? It depends on the stat. Some stats converge faster, as they have an opportunity every hand (like vpip/pfr). Other stats take many more hand samples, to give the same person 50 opportunities to do something like a 3bet.

Use the HUD Options > Player Preferences > Display These Stats: > Click each stat > Options for selected stat: > [x] Adjust color for sample size. I believe this makes the stat require 30 'opportunities for this action', not '30 played hands'.

Stats like VPIP/PFR will become bold much faster than other stats, like 3bet and 4bet.

One of the reasons I got HEM was to monitor how I'm playing throughout a given tournament (end-to-end) for image considerations. If I see I'm getting to LAG, I can "dial down" my aggression. Is there a way to see this info? It seems to restart my stats at each table. This is cool, but I'd like to see how I ran for the tourney

To the people at your current table, who haven't been playing with you the entire tournament, this image does not matter. All they will be thinking about is your table image, since they sat down. Even those people you played earlier, will be more swayed by your current image, than how you were in round 1 of the tourney.

I don't play many tourney's, so I am not positive if there is an easy way to see what you are asking, during a tourney.

fozzy71
07-29-2009, 08:51 AM

I'm surprised to read this. Currently a guy playing 60/10 for 40 hands moves to a new table with me and suddenly his stats in HEM read 0/0. This is bad, REALLY bad, especially if I'm multitabling a bunch of tournaments. If I'm not paying attention and this normally passive guy suddenly raises from EP, I could be screwed. If a fish is raising 40% of hands, I might re-raise instead of fold.

I just played an 18 man turbo on PS.

When I made it to the final table, the hud stats of the previous opponents, displayed incorrectly as only 2 hands on them. While the new players had no HUD. I opened up the Active Player Details Window to confirm they should have been showing 20+ hands. As soon as I played the first hand at the final/new table, everyone's HUD stats corrected properly.

This may be a small bug, so i will forward it to the Hud developer for a quick look.

hemfan
07-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi,

I just found this thread because I was reviewing a tournament hand in the replayer and realized it was showing my lifetime stats over 17K hands, but I really want to see my session stats from only this tournament table.

This is extremely important to me because my stats vary greatly from time to time, based on the table dynamics and cards, of course, so I want to know what my actual stats for that table were (over the 59 hand session). Is this possible to see???

Undoubtedly other players have HEM or PT and are seeing those stats for me and making certain inferences, so I need to know how they viewed me and saw my stats at the table so my post-game analysis is more accurate. My lifetime stats are very LAG, like 35/20, but I know for certain I was playing around 22/18 at this particular tournament table last night. I recall seeing the stats accumulate from zero on each of my tables as you described above. This I like. For tournaments I prefer it to reset for each new table, but I can understand why someone would want to see accumulated stats as well. In my opinion, both should be possible. I think they are in cash games but not in tournaments, but this is totally unclear to me, so please feel free to clarify how it works.

In my opinion the following options really need to be available for proper interpretation and analysis of hands in game, and post game. This is essentially what the replayer is for, right?

1. While playing it should be possible to switch/toggle each player's stats between session or lifetime (I think this is possible already, but I'm not sure if it is for my own player, which would be a handy option)

2. In the replayer it should also be possible to switch each player's stats between session or lifetime (I can't figure out how to switch them!! I fear it isn't possible :( Please assure me it is and I'm overlooking something, because this is really crucial for me in terms of getting better at poker.)

Thanks for your help!
hemfan

hemfan
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
I just wanted to also add that I did try unchecking the "stats up to day of hand", but that didn't make any difference in my stats. It didn't make a difference for the other players either, but that could be because I probably never played with any of them before.

Mike chops
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Your stats are always reset when you move tables. The assumption is you want to see what your image is on the table. If you haven't played yet, you won't have one.

I played a couple of sngs and the stats seemed right when I was moved. The guy to the dealers left got moved with me when our table broke. Everyone else is new to me. Can you uncheck the hud options->addititonal filters->filter by limits and make all the filter by # players 2-10.

hemfan
07-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Yes, but what about in the replayer? How can you see your stats for that session/table only?