PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars: HEM only correctly imports tournaments approx 68.74% of the time

Kim
11-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I've had HEM since april or so, back then I played on FTP and never had any problems. It even counted every single KO correctly in 90 man KOs.

Since I've had to move to PokerStars HEM screws up nearly every single HH. HUD works fine, but when I want to check my results in my database all the finishing places are messed up (I have like 1300 180 mans now and most of them HEM shows I have finished 6-9, and trust me I don't hit that many final tables). Sometimes when I do ship a tournament HEM conviently decides to not give the correct prize awarded. Today I shipped $1200 and the 3 $3,5r 180s where I hit prizes simply showed 0.00 profit, and I've seen this many times in the past where I simply miss a ship. These Hand Histories are complete, and show I busted exactly where I busted and still HEM doesn't show the correct prize. Oh yes, and it screws up royally in rebuys. Which is bloody annoying. Not only because it simply "doesn't count" them, oh no. Sometimes it decides to randomly shove a rebuy in there for no reason. Sometimes I don't even rebuy and HEM says I had a rebuy, sometimes I rebuy for $6 5 times and HEM doesn't show any rebuys. It doesn't make any sense.

I would honestly expect better compatibility with the most popular poker site, I could understand if it doesn't work properly with some shitty ongame skin, but PokerStars? That's kind of silly for a program that's been out for such a long time.

Patvs
11-07-2011, 12:41 AM
You need to request and import your old tournament summaries. Stars did not automatically write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP did.
Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

Since you played more than 200, it's best to email PokerStars support and request a RESULTS file of ALL your games.
Those are different than summary files (it won't list the finish position of OTHER players... just of YOU).
But you can run a IMPORT FROM FILE on it to update all your results.

For all future games, read the tournament summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/PokerStarsSetup
and make sure the summaries are also saved and imported.

--

Tracking rebuys: PokerStars does not write to the summary file how often you rebuy/addon.
Full Tilt was the only software that would properly write this info to the summary file.
Since PokerStars does write SOMETHING when you rebuy to the handhistory file, HM2 will be updated to be able to pick up on those rebuys. Though, when you rebuy BEFORE the first hand is even played, that info also isn't written to the handhistory file. Therefore HM1/HM2 will be unable to track them. The best solution is to still manually edit the amount of rebuys/addon: tourney--> results--> dataview.

Kim
11-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I did have tournament summaries on, but HEM didn't auto-detect and I sorta kinda didn't add them in the auto-import folder. Silly me. Still really strange how it shows the correct prize just as often as it shows nothing. If it always showed nothing I would've figured I was missing something from PokerStars instead of assuming it's a bug.

About the rebuys, is it possible to just select all the tournaments and change the rebuy of all of them to, say, $15 in one go? I figure just calculating my average rebuys and adding that amount to each of the $3,5r SNGs will give me an accurate enough result, although going around manually changing 500 tournaments is sort of more work then it's worth because I'm missing a "select all" button.

Patvs
11-08-2011, 02:23 AM
If you make it to the final table, Pokerstars will write to the handhistory file, you finished in 7th place and won $50.
If you finish in 12th place (still in the money!) they don't. And HoldemManager needs the information from the summary file.
This is why the info is missing from some games, but seems accurate for others.

Adding an "average rebuy" or selecting them all to change this is not possible.
Did you try HM2 if it's able to track the rebuys? full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe

Kim
11-08-2011, 10:46 AM
HEM2 won't help because you already stated that it can't see rebuys made before the first hand. I pretty much always rebuy before the first hand so that would still leave the problem of having an inaccurate graph.

Thanks for the help.