PDA

View Full Version : i cant figure out how to get my hem to work :(

millimeterpeter
07-23-2009, 07:29 PM
hey guys im really sorry i searched the FAQ and checked all the threads and i couldnt figure out whats wrong with my hem. my hem wont even open anymore.

im tryin to re-install my postgres cuz i uninstalled it cuz my hud wouldnt work. when i try to reinstall it it says

the installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package.

wtf?

fozzy71
07-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Sounds like you are double clicking on the zip file and trying to run the installer from within the Zip/Archive preview window. You must first extract the contents of the zip file.

Right-Click > Extract All

millimeterpeter
07-23-2009, 09:14 PM
nope... i've been doing that... extracting and stuff... and the same error message comes up

fozzy71
07-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Clear your web cache, and/or use a different browser to download from this link, to a different download folder. (right-click > save target as)

http://fozzypokermods.com/temp/postgresql.zip

millimeterpeter
07-23-2009, 09:48 PM
ok fozzy i did what usaid and while im dling postgres it says

data directory already containts a postgressql database of this version. this database will be used, there is no need to initdb. if you want a clean databse, remove the existing data directory and try again...

sooo hem still wont run and idk what that means or what to do about it :(

fozzy71
07-24-2009, 12:19 AM
It means you either haven't uninstalled postgresql properly, or you haven't moved or deleted the leftover \postgresql\8.3\data folder. (the bolded part below). It is telling you that your old DB is still there. It is left behind during a PostgreSQL uninstall, in case you need to use it for the reinstall.

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall