PDA

View Full Version : Problem with stars import and hud display, after vista and hem upgrade.

sledghammer
07-23-2009, 05:19 PM
So I installed one of the prompted vista upgrades, and started having problems with HEM, when trying to refresh the main report:

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote hose.

It would typically display that message, then I could refresh again and it work work the second time. Today I started having more problems, it seemed to stop importing all together, though the HUD still worked. I installed the newest beta (I had been on 1.09 beta 9) and now neither the import or hud work, and I'm still getting that error message when I try and refresh the report. All the import folders are still configured right.

netsrak
07-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Check your administrator settings after installing a Holdemmanager Update:

Under Vista make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73
and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory.
Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

For the "transport connection" this is a firewall problem: you should add adding HM+PostgrESQL to the exception list

sledghammer
07-23-2009, 06:12 PM
How do I add PostGRESQL to the exception list? I added HM and HMhud already, but can't find the .exe to represent postgresql.

sledghammer
07-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Somehow the problem seems to have corrected itself, I'll post back if there's anymore trouble. Thanks!

sledghammer
07-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok, this morning when trying to refresh the main report, I kept getting the original error message. I closed HM, and now can't restart it. It is stuck on the small "initializing database" screen.

netsrak
07-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Your firewall / spyware software prevents holdemmanager from contacting to the database.

If you need further help: Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.