PDA

View Full Version : Seems like impossible to install any version of PostgreSQL..

EyeForAnEye
11-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi,

Ive tried 8.4, 8.3, 8.2 ... and I get all kind of errors. Ive read about 30 threads here about installation problems, Ive done everything but it still doesnt work. For example 8.4 just says "sorry couldnt install postgres". Other version says I dont have enough privilages but Im logged as administrator and Ive run installations as administrator.

I have Win 7.. NO antivirus, Windows defender off, windows FW off, UAC off, I always delete user acc in cmd (net user postgres /delete), secondary logon is ON (automatic start), Ive tried reinstall all 3 versions like 10 times (with revouninstaller), Ive probably lost my whole database.. but whatever. I just need to get it work. PLEASE I NEED TEAMVIEWER HELP ASAP! :((

One more thing everything was fine till yesterday. I had some nasty virus which fucked up almost my whole PC and I had to reinstall almost everything but virus is gone now.. lol.

Edit:
Here is an example of 8.2 error (8.3 is the same). I dont understand it. I have UAC off, run as administrator, Im logged as administrator, dont have any antivirus or firewall installed..

EyeForAnEye
11-05-2011, 12:34 PM
this is what I got when I try to instal 8.3.9.... At this point installation just lag (stop/do nothing etc).. notice I cannot click any button (is it standard?). I tried to wait like 30 minutes (3 times) and then I just had to use task manager and end it..

Patvs
11-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Try 8.2 again, but don't install it to a Program Files subfolder.
But to a folder like C:/PostgreSQL/

Also PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.
he same for Windows user name. If it's not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.

This means: if you have Russian (or French, or else) Windows - your PC name possibly contains "non-english" letters.
Like "Вася-PC" or "Renč-PC"
The same with windows username. Or spaces in the name.
Postgres doesn't like that - and won't run as a result of it.

EyeForAnEye
11-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Thank you for your response, unfortunately I already did all of that and it didnt work.

As I said. Ive read probably all postgresql discussions on this forum so Ive tried probably everything. :/ And yeah I do have "weird" chars in my username so that was first thing I did - I created a new account with simple name "vvv" with administrator rights, computer name R2D2 and I did all installations there.

Tbh honest I see only one way how to fix it right now - reinstall windows. :( Which I dont rly like becouse my Windows are perfectly fine except postgresql doesnt work. And its still not 100% sure that postgresql will work then.

Edit
This is 8.4 error during installation.. I click ok, installation process finish.
Then I try to open holdem manager and I get this error (this time tried port 5433.. so thats probably the reason).
So I click ok and change port from 5432 to 5433 and dbpass to postgrespass (from default settings to new) and then I get this error.

So with 8.4 I atleast somehow finished installation..but it still doesnt work. Btw Ive tried also 5432 port + ofc different install locations like C:\blabla, c:\postgresql etc.. this is what I got:

I BEG YOU. Can someone help me over teamviewer? :( :( :( 2 days lost with this stupid postgresql thing...........

Patvs
11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.