PDA

View Full Version : Update installs to default folder-location.

Pstrats
11-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I installed HEM2 to a different folder than the default program files folder. Today I noticed that the 2.0.0.5559 update installs a new version of HEM2 to the default program files folder instead of updating the folder where HEM2 is installed.

Windows 7 Prof. 64bit.

udbrky
11-05-2011, 04:52 PM
You need to run the full installer, installing to a non-default location first. Doing so worked for me on updates.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe

Pstrats
11-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I installed the full installer as soon as HEM2 released. Then updated as soon as the program prompted me to during startup. The first few updates went fine. Today I got prompted to install update 2.0.0.5559. Updated as usual and started HEM2 again using my own shortcut (to the custom location). Got prompted again to update to 2.0.0.5559. Then noticed a new shortcut on my desktop. Checked where it pointed to and noticed it was to the default location. So instead of updating my installation it created a new one in the program files folder.

To verify that it actually bugged I uninstalled HEM2 and deleted all folders (the default one / my custom installation / settings folder). Installed the older full installer to another custom location. Updated and again it created a second installation in the program files folder. Uninstalled HEM2 and removed all folders again.

I now downloaded and installed (to my custom location) the full installer of version 2.0.0.5559 and it's working fine. I hope future updates won't break it once again.

Pstrats
11-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Same problem occured with the 5562 update. Got prompted to update during startup. Updated and once again it installed to Program Files (x86) instead of the actual installation folder.

udbrky
11-07-2011, 07:32 AM
We are investigating this.

Sarek
11-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Tried right now. Uninstalled HM2 and installed 5539 it in c:/poker/hm2 folder
then it downloaded update and it automatically runs - got fresh HM2 in folder c:/poker/hm2
and any footprint of hm2 in Program files

If you have Vista or Win7 - you should run initial installer "as admin".
Under win7 you should run EVERY exe as admin, btw. If you want it to work :o

Pstrats
11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Updated 2.0.0.5562 and yet again it bugged. Already did all the things you said in your last post but just to be absolutely sure I:

- Uninstalled HEM2 (which removed the new installation in Program Files (x86))
- Deleted the "C:\Poker\Holdem Manager 2" folder (where I initially installed the software).
- Deleted the "{user}\AppData\etc. folder.

Installed the full installer of version 2.0.0.5562 (as administrator) to C:\Poker\Holdem Manager 2
Launched the program. Cancelled the update and imported some hands.
Closed HEM2

Set all executables inside the Holdem Manager 2 folder to run as administrator.

Started Holdem Manager 2 once again and recorded what happened.

Here's the result: LINK (http://blog.mydonkbox.com/videos/updatefail/updatefail.html)