View Full Version : HUD not working on stars

mikewvp
07-22-2009, 10:04 PM
??

fozzy71
07-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm using the most recent beta release.

If you don't actually post the version number, you will get the standard reply:

Please try updating to version 1.09 Beta 19, from the link in my signature.

If that doesn't help, please answer these questions. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174)

mikewvp
07-23-2009, 07:01 PM
??

fozzy71
07-23-2009, 08:35 PM
The version number is 1.09 Beta 19

Please try Beta 20 from the link in my signature, and ...

If that doesn't help, please answer these questions. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174)

mikewvp
07-25-2009, 09:43 PM
??

fozzy71
07-25-2009, 11:52 PM

8) Make sure UAC is disabled and unselect it and restart if it is.
what does this mean?
9) Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

I don't know how to attach this to a post, where should I send it?

UAC is for Vista users.

When making a post, there is a Manage Attachments button below the Reply Editor box.

Have you tried uninstalling any firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software?

I am going to ask the HUD developer to take a look at this thread. He may want you to enable logging in the Table Preferences, and get some screen shots of the Table Manager and \Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data.

Mike chops
07-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Have you tried the table finder (table manager->tables menu) ? Does 'no' mean you haven't or it didn't work?

mikewvp
07-27-2009, 11:02 PM
??

mikewvp
07-27-2009, 11:05 PM
??

fozzy71
07-28-2009, 12:58 AM
I have never used the table finder, ever. So I'm not sure if it works. I thought that type of software wasn't allowed at pokerstars anyway? Should I try to see if it works???

??? The table finder is just a tool to help the HUD start finding the tables automatically again. It is completely allowed.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

Mike chops
07-28-2009, 09:26 AM
I have never used the table finder, ever. So I'm not sure if it works. I thought that type of software wasn't allowed at pokerstars anyway? Should I try to see if it works???

Yes. The table finder is a way to for the hud to attach hands that are importing when that the hud can't find the table. Access from Table maanger ->tables menu

mikewvp
07-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Oh I see, I thought you were talking about the table scanner.

The table manager doesn't seem to be launching, at all.

mikewvp
07-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Yes. The table finder is a way to for the hud to attach hands that are importing when that the hud can't find the table. Access from Table maanger ->tables menu

I can't see any Table Manager -> Tables menu sections on my HEM software???

iggymcfly
07-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Wanted to say that I've had a similar problem to OP. Within the last 3 days, my HUD's stopped working on Stars and whenever I try to launch it with at least one Stars table open, it gives me the "failed to create table overlay" error. I have previously gotten this error on FTP occasionally before and it went away for some unknown reason but this is the first time I've ever gotten it on Stars with at least 15K hands there.

I am currently running version 20 (although I had the same error with version 19) and my hands are still importing fine, the only problem is with the HUD. If I close down Stars and run tables from FTP only, the HUD works fine.

mikewvp
07-29-2009, 04:22 AM
I haven't tried to run it on FTP, I will try that tomorrow.

Also I don't get any sort of error message, it just never does anything, even if I try "Relaunch HUD".

iggymcfly
07-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Update: Turned off User Account Control and restarted the computer. When I re-opened HEM, it acted like I was using a trial version. I had to reset the auto-import folders and lost all my custom HUD settings but at least it's working again.

I'm this close to just uninstalling HEM and going back to PT/PTO though. I've spent more time dealing with bugs in 3 months using HEM than I did in 3 years with PTO. The small benefits in hand analysis are nowhere near worth it compared to just having a consistent usable HUD at all times.

netsrak
07-29-2009, 05:44 AM
Sorry for that but please keep in mind that Stars, FTP and Party did a lot of updates during the last months which causes a lot of problems.

fozzy71
07-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Wanted to say that I've had a similar problem to OP. Within the last 3 days, my HUD's stopped working on Stars and whenever I try to launch it with at least one Stars table open, it gives me the "failed to create table overlay" error. I have previously gotten this error on FTP occasionally before and it went away for some unknown reason but this is the first time I've ever gotten it on Stars with at least 15K hands there.

I am currently running version 20 (although I had the same error with version 19) and my hands are still importing fine, the only problem is with the HUD. If I close down Stars and run tables from FTP only, the HUD works fine.

The first thing to try when this happens:

Export any custom hud configs and close HM.

Delete the prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt.

Then import your custom hud configs.

That should not affect your import and archive settings, etc. Just the HUD. For the import folders to be affected, the holdemmanager.config file must be deleted somehow.

mikewvp
07-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Ok what about me? My thread got hijacked his problem wasn't even the same as mine :(.

fozzy71
07-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok what about me? My thread got hijacked his problem wasn't even the same as mine :(.

I didn't even realize this had happened, my apolgies.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com)session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

mikewvp
07-31-2009, 10:50 PM
If I reinstall holdem manager will it lose the license key??

netsrak
08-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Not in every case but you can enter it again or contact sales@holdemmanager.net with your purchase if you lost it.

mikewvp
08-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok well I still haven't had my issue resolved, and I haven't gotten a response when I e-mailed about the team viewer session. I have updated to the latest beta 23 and my HUD still doesn't work so I'm going to try to uninstall HEM and reinstall it. I'm going to use the same key that I am currently using I am hoping this doesn't take up one of my extra computers.

netsrak
08-05-2009, 03:24 AM
We have a new system for the registration. You find it under Help in the latest Betas.

For the other problems please try again the teamviewer session: fabio@holdemmanager.net

mikewvp
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I uninstalled and then reinstalled HEM and that seems to have fixed my HUD for now. It stopped working again after a day or so, but then I updated to the Beta and now it works again. I'm just hoping it doesn't stop again somehow.

fozzy71
08-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Any time you have problems, the current hmbetaupdate is the first thing you should try.