PDA

View Full Version : HUD won't launch unless...

John2020
07-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Used to work fine until today. Now the HUD won't launch with the Auto Import even though I still have it checked to do so in the HUD Options tab. Still won't launch if i choose Relaunch HUD under the HUD Options tab.

It DOES however launch if I go directly to program files--->RVG--->Holdem Manager--->HMHud.exe.

I checked out the FAQ before posting this:
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
HM 1.09 Beta 18a

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which game type and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
Full Tilt is the only site I play on, NL 6max

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
Yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
Yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
Yes

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
Yes

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
Yes

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
No

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
Yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
Using WindowsXP

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
Their were many files in that folder and i wasn't able to attach the whole folder

I also tried restarting my computer.
I recently bought an external hard drive and backed up my entire computer with it. I'm pretty sure the HUD problem began after I did this (although it seems strange if this was the reason).

Thanks for your help with this!

netsrak
07-23-2009, 05:47 AM
holdemmanager.config is just one file not a folder.

But anyway: please check your FTP handhistory folder. Delete all files in there or move them to a different folder and restart HM to see if it makes a difference.

Do you use any firewall/spyware software? Try to disable it for a test.

John2020
07-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Tried moving the Full Tilt hand history files, didn't work
Also tried disabling McAfee Firewall, didn't work either

This might sound strange but believe me, I can't locate the Holdemmanager.config file in my Holdem Manager folder; only the config folder is in there. I can find it if i use the search feature on my computer and the search feature tells me it's in the Holdem Manager folder like it's supposed to be. weird

netsrak
07-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Possibly this is the problem.

I suggest you start with a fresh installation of Holdemmanager to a different folder. Use the full installation 1.08.04 and then update to the latest Beta 20. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For your settings: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=98

John2020
07-23-2009, 04:19 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled Holdem Manager and followed the FAQ for saving my settings but nothing has changed...

netsrak
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Please update to Beta 20 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
and if it still doesn't work please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.