PDA

View Full Version : How to get the rake for each hand?

djManu
07-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi,

I would like to calculate the incidence of a new rake percentage on my results.
As an aside, this is not for pure theory calculation but just because this is what we (french players) will get in 2010 :mad:

To do that I thought I would have to export all my winning hands post flop and then do the maths outside HM. But for that, I need to get the rake (or the pot size) for each hand filtered, but I don't know how to get this.

Is this possible with HM ? Any other solution ?

Thx

fozzy71
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
I have forwarded your question to the developer, to be sure you get an accurate reply.

Rvg72
07-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi, I will assume you know how to run your own queries in postgresql since that is what I think you'll need to do here. The amount of rake you paid (in cents) is located in the rakeamount field in the playerhandscashkeycolumns table

Roy

djManu
07-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi, I will assume you know how to run your own queries in postgresql since that is what I think you'll need to do here. The amount of rake you paid (in cents) is located in the rakeamount field in the playerhandscashkeycolumns table

Roy

Thx Roy. I think as a software enginner I could do it , but I guess I will need more tables since I need to apply filters.

I think I read once there was a setting that would allow me to see database commands executed in log files but after searching in forums, I can't find it again.

Do I remember well and could you please give it back to me ?

Another question : you wrote rakeamount was in cents. I thought it would be the same with the netamountwon field, but when I see rakeamount=38 and netamountwon=17305 for the same row, I don't understand !

I just make a SELECT to find a rakeamount=300 (ie $3) and didn't find any over 1 month, so this field doesn't contain the actual rake or I missed something !

djManu
07-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Thx Roy. I think as a software enginner I could do it , but I guess I will need more tables since I need to apply filters.

I think I read once there was a setting that would allow me to see database commands executed in log files but after searching in forums, I can't find it again.

Do I remember well and could you please give it back to me ?

Another question : you wrote rakeamount was in cents. I thought it would be the same with the netamountwon field, but when I see rakeamount=38 and netamountwon=17305 for the same row, I don't understand !

I just make a SELECT to find a rakeamount=300 (ie $3) and didn't find any over 1 month, so this field doesn't contain the actual rake or I missed something !

I eventually understood it was a "contributive" rake not the actual rake paid by the winner of the hand.

So I wondered if I could get the actual rake I paid when winning a hand using the playerhandcashkeycolumns_hero table instead and then slecting the rows where netamountwon>0 and calculating the actual rake I paid (= rakeamount X numberofplayers).

But this wouldn't do the trick with splitted pots.

Moreover, since I want to simulate a new rake with a new capping I need the pot size as well and then I guess I enter into trouble with side pots...

To sum up, I don't think I can get what I need with what you proposed.

Unless you would have another solution to my problem I think I would either have to write my own script parsing hand histories or doing it manually on an extract and extrapolating (not sure this last word is english ;-)

Right ?

I might also conclude intuitively like all "thinking" french players that it will no longer be possible to be a long term winner in France in cash games below NL600 maybe NL1000.

FYI, french law will soon impose us to pay (in adition to the rake of the room), a new rake (= tax) of 2% capped to 1 euro ($1.5).