PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars hyper-turbo $EV

cyzo
07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
I play hyper-turbos on pokerstars and import the results with Holdem Manager. I import the tournament summaries as described in http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=43 , and this accurately shows my statistics. However, the $EV values are incorrect. Though I have imported the correct places and winnings, going to the hand re-player and then clicking "ICM" shows that the luck adjusted winnings are being calculated with a structure that pays out 2 buyins for first and 0 for the other 5 places. Is there a way for me to manually correct this? It is very important that I get an accurate picture of my $EV.

cyzo
07-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Can I fix this manually with pgAdmin III? I am not really sure where to look.

netsrak
07-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Can I fix this manually with pgAdmin III? I am not really sure where to look.
Theoretically this would be possible but practically not because its to difficult without knowing the database relations.

What HM Version are you using? Try to create a new database with the latest Beta 19 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe and import hands and summaries again to see if it makes a difference.

cyzo
07-23-2009, 12:12 AM
I have started out with a fresh install of the new beta with a new database. Now, the ICM analysis treats the payouts in the same way a normal 6-max tourney would be (1st and 2nd 65% and 35%, respectively or something). This is surprising, since the payouts in the summary (not ICM analysis) were reasonably correct at 41.6,41.6,16.7%. Still, I would really like to see my $EV, as the first place payout of 65% is far too high and is, consequently, treating me far too kindly. I am willing to do any complex manual tweaks necessary if it will enable me to see the $EV accurately calculated. Otherwise, I hope that this will be fixed in the next beta (They are correctly identified as "super turbos", so could that not be used to differentiate them for ICM analysis from standard 6-max sngs?)

netsrak
07-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Please mail the original handhistory and summary files with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

cyzo
07-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Email sent. I should also mention that the beta version did not recognize the buy-in of the target tournaments when I imported the summaries (resulting in first and second place winnings of $0), but current stable version seemed to do this correctly.

Rvg72
07-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi, I tried importing your hands and replaying them and it all seems correct at least on the 1.09 beta 19 version. I used the ICM function and it showed the correct payouts for 1st and 2nd as well.

Are you possible running an older version?

Roy

cyzo
07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
I uninstalled the current version, reinstalled the current release (1.08.something, I believe), then updated to the latest beta as of last night (beta 19). The payouts when I went to replay a hand and clicked ICM were ~65% and ~35% for first and second. This resulted in me gaining unreasonably large amounts of EV in some cases. When you say that the first and second payouts correct, do you mean that they were approximately 41.6% for first, 41.6% for second, 16.6% for third? I even started off with a new database and imported the hands first and then the summaries.

Rvg72
07-23-2009, 06:50 PM
ok I see the issue now. Yeah we will need to adjust the $EV for these hyper tubo's. Hopefully in beta 21

cyzo
07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Great. I look forward to the next beta.

Thanks Again.

cyzo
07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Was this not fixed in beta 21? I updated, created a new database, and reimported all of the hands, but now I am getting no EV calculations at all. My $EV = $won in all cases except for fpp tournaments, where my $EV is ~$.01 for some reason.

netsrak
07-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I forward it to Roy again

Rvg72
07-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Sorry, we had a typo - it is fixed in 1.09 beta 22

cyzo
08-04-2009, 10:37 AM
The update seems to have fixed it, though I must come to question the accuracy of the EV calculation.

Games: 562
EV ROI: 9.6%

You rarely see a player with an roi of 3-4% or better over a decent sample size. Is there anything that could be throwing this calculation off, or is 562 not a large enough sample size to get a decent all-in EV calculation?

perenolde
04-07-2010, 11:16 PM
he guys,

How usefull is this $ev?
And is it necessary to import the tournament-history?
I didnt import and it it works fine.

netsrak
04-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Please check this EV FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: EV Explained (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/120/EV+Explained)

For the results - importing summaries is only necessary for some sites/gametypes. If your results are fine you don't need it.