PDA

View Full Version : how is win/loss per hand calculated

kabal
07-22-2009, 04:40 PM
hi there

I am busy writing a HH conversion program for software that does not natively write out hand histories.

also, it does not provide you with the stack sizes, start and end, so I would have to scrape that, but for my purposes stack sizes arent super important.

my question is how does HEM know how much each player won and lost per hand?

lets say full tilt histories

does it take the initial amounts, ie in the
Seat 1: xxxx ($xxx)
Seat 2: xxx1 ($xxx)
etc

and subtract this from the Summary section, which has the same layout?

or does it "add" up the actions in the hand??

Thanks in advance

also, which hand history format is the simplest to use as a conversion template? I see all the histories once they get into HEM are stored as party HH's ???

fozzy71
07-22-2009, 04:52 PM
I have forwarded this to the developer for a reply.

kabal
07-22-2009, 05:28 PM
thank you sir

Rvg72
07-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi, it goes through all of the action in the hand to determine win/loss amounts. The stack sizes / summaries are ignored for the most part at least when it comes to determine the overall result of the hand.

We don't store hands internally as Party Poker - they are stored as the actual format of the hand but you are correct that the "View Selected Hand" option comes back with a party like format - we convert this on the fly.

You might want to choose a format from a lesser played site that HM supports since your hands will import as that site. So if you use "Dracula" for example it is pretty unlikely that people using this converter will have played on Dracula and therefor be cleaner when they look at their stats

Roy

kabal
07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
thats for the reply rvg :) great, this is just what I wanted to hear. obviously the stack sizes are great when reviewing a hand later, but for HUD stats, this does not matter.

for now I will just default all stack sizes to 100BB's. obviously if some pot for 200+ BBs are won, this might cause issues, but I will deal with that when it happens

I will take into consideration about using a lesser used format