PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to buy NoteCaddy seperatley?

CONSPIRACY
11-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Just upgraded to the official HM2 from the Beta, NoteCaddy is no longer working. When I try it the following message is issued:

NoteCaddy is not accessible. Please upgrade your HM2 license...

I take it we have to buy it separately? I purchased NoteCaddy when using it for HM1 - can I still use that license?

Thanks

sreticentv
11-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Attach and enable your NoteCaddy license to Holdem Manager 2 (HM2) (http://www.assaultware.com/BindNoteCaddyLicenseToHM2.aspx)

shahrad
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Although it was confirmed as a success, but I still do not have access to NC.

sreticentv
11-05-2011, 10:43 AM
This is very likely an issue related to license caching:

- Close HM2.
- Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable “Hide protected operating system files”: How to see hidden files in Windows - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg
- Now Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic)
- If you see a file C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\HMLicense.dll.ldat (remove the (x86) if on 32 bit Windows), please delete it also. It will not be there for all installations.

Restart HM2 and register with your original HM2 code.

CONSPIRACY
11-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I've done this and the message isn't appearing so I assume the licensing is sorted. Only problem now is NoteCaddy itself is not functioning. No Notes are being taken and when I click on Caddy Report nothing can be seen. Also, in the Creating Notes Tab it says "Processing hand 163154 of 164158 (ESTIMATED)..." Note Caddy appears to be stuck. Any ideas?

sreticentv
11-05-2011, 11:30 AM
have you reset and reprocessed your notes since the beta ended? There were some changes that make it necessary in many cases. The next hm2 release is going to have an alternative hand loading algorithm that is less likely to get stuck. The one now was made for speed but didn't take into consideration how volatile postgres can be

shahrad
11-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I did make a complete reinstall (version 5559). No help. My NC licence and alpha evaluation licence are both showing as active in my account and the reregistration of HM2 was a success. Is it because I am using an alpha tester licence. I mean it was promised (as far as I remember) that we can use HM2 for 6 months after its official release.
BTW: the shared licences folder was empty and is still empty.

sreticentv
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I did make a complete reinstall (version 5559). No help. My NC licence and alpha evaluation licence are both showing as active in my account and the reregistration of HM2 was a success. Is it because I am using an alpha tester licence. I mean it was promised (as far as I remember) that we can use HM2 for 6 months after its official release.

Are you running hm2 like a trial or did you enter the alpha key? I tried entering an alpha key and it wouldn't work. I was able to bind a notecaddy license to an alpha key which is weird that the hm server didn't block it. I changed it to prevent that from happening

are you viewing hidden operating system files? I think maybe you need a purchased key for that file to even be there. I did send an email to the hm people trying to clarify the 6 months question

CONSPIRACY
11-05-2011, 06:16 PM
have you reset and reprocessed your notes since the beta ended? There were some changes that make it necessary in many cases. The next hm2 release is going to have an alternative hand loading algorithm that is less likely to get stuck. The one now was made for speed but didn't take into consideration how volatile postgres can be

I reset and reprocessed my notes and it works now - thanks. How do I get the colour coding working? If I've never played an opponent will it colour code them as I play with them during a session or will it only colour code the next time I've played them?

sreticentv
11-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I reset and reprocessed my notes and it works now - thanks. How do I get the colour coding working? If I've never played an opponent will it colour code them as I play with them during a session or will it only colour code the next time I've played them?

unfortunately pokerstars notes files can't be modified effectively while you're playing since stars ignores external changes and overwrites them when it closes. Therefore it has to be run with stars closed either manually via the start page or with the timer you specify in file->settings-> color settings.

There's a small issue with color coding that will be fixed in the next release. It may not affect you though if you used the beta

shahrad
11-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Are you running hm2 like a trial or did you enter the alpha key? I tried entering an alpha key and it wouldn't work. I was able to bind a notecaddy license to an alpha key which is weird that the hm server didn't block it. I changed it to prevent that from happening

are you viewing hidden operating system files? I think maybe you need a purchased key for that file to even be there. I did send an email to the hm people trying to clarify the 6 months question
As said, I entered my alpha key. Thank you for clarifying the 6 months question.
I have still the e-mail from Brent Clearman from 30th of june: 'I've also been authorized to give everyone who participated in the Alpha program a free 6 month Pro Combo license once we start selling the product. '

sreticentv
11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
As said, I entered my alpha key. Thank you for clarifying the 6 months question.
I have still the e-mail from Brent Clearman from 30th of june: 'I've also been authorized to give everyone who participated in the Alpha program a free 6 month Pro Combo license once we start selling the product. '

I really want to clear this up for you but I am afraid there's nothing I can do other than refer you back to Brent. I can't even give myself licenses fwiw. Once you get it sorted, please pm or email me and I'll make sure you get a full nc combo license attached

B-Money
11-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Yes, alpha testers who helped early on with HM2 will be able to use a 6 month trial for HM2. In another week or so I'll be going through the list and assigning 6 month trials.

shahrad
11-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Yes, alpha testers who helped early on with HM2 will be able to use a 6 month trial for HM2. In another week or so I'll be going through the list and assigning 6 month trials.
I mean, once we will purchase it anyways, so please be generous (as promised) and allow us our little joy to use its full functionality.

shahrad
11-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Now I have received like was promised a new license for 6 months. The old problems exist and no license is written in the XHEO folder. You might need to link the new license to NC, cause when I tried it, it said a HM2 key is already linked to your NC.

sreticentv
11-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Now I have received like was promised a new license for 6 months. The old problems exist and no license is written in the XHEO folder. You might need to link the new license to NC, cause when I tried it, it said a HM2 key is already linked to your NC.

does your new license start with hm2-?

If so, please send it to me. If not, what does it start with? I need to sort this with the hm crew. I obviously have every intention of sorting this asap but I hope you understand I have 0 control over the licensing system