PDA

View Full Version : Missing a month in database.

Juuza
07-21-2009, 02:18 AM
Hello,

I posted a previous thread about this problem a few days ago, and apparently it got deleted or something. I'm not really sure, but I'm reopening because I still have the same problem.

One of my past months (April) isn't showing up under the Session's tab. All the other past and future months work fine. If I choose to display by month, I can even see info on what happened overall in April.

Fozzy suggested to update HEM to the latest beta, which I did, and also mentioned having to export and import my database. This, unfortunately, would be the second time I'd have to do this and the third time its been suggested. It takes me a week to export and import my database, not to mention how much money I lose when playing poker with half a database.

I would very much so appreciate any possible solutions to the problem that do not involve exporting and importing my database again.

Thanks for all your help!

netsrak
07-21-2009, 05:25 AM
You could try to do a reindex:

- start pgadminIII (like explained here for example: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163)
- connect to your database server and your database
- right click on maintenance
- instead of the usual vacuum option use the reindex option
and start.
It will take round about a hour depending on the size of your database.

If this doesn't help
please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.

Juuza
07-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I would like to thank fabio for doing a wonderful job correcting my problem. He was very professional, on time with the arranged time, and quickly found out the problem.

I'm almost positive the problem will be fixed once the hands for April are done reimporting, but either way, I was very happy with the customer service.

netsrak
07-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Just for my information: do you know what the problem was?

Juuza
07-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Once before for a different problem, I had to export/reimport my old database into a new one. None of the hand histories from April had been imported. I'm 90% sure this was some kind of negligence on my part.

We found the folder with April hand histories, imported them, and now it's up and working perfectly.

netsrak
07-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Thanks