PDA

View Full Version : Importer Lag?

Adam27X
07-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I've been using HEM for several months now and have had few problems, you guys are doing a great job.

When I tried to play some tables on FTP today I lagged so badly that I couldn't even sit at my first table. I looked at my Task Manager (I'm using vista on a Sony laptop with 2 gigs of ram and a dual processor) to see this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Adam27X/hemproblem1.jpg

So apparently my importer is lagging quite a bit for some reason. This problem never occurred before today. I was using beta 14a, now using the latest beta (I think it's 18a) and I'm still having the same problem.

The only thing that I did differently yesterday was add an import folder for stars (which worked properly, the HUD worked fine etc). I tried deleting that to no avail. I played some cash games on FTP last night after playing on stars and was disconnected at one point and reconnected just in time (to shove a river with quads :eek: ) and I noticed that at the end of my session this hand was missing from my database.

When I first fired up HEM using 14a today it said something to the effect of 5 errors when importing on the first tab that displays when opening HEM under the "Start Auto Import" options etc. This makes sense to me because I was playing either 4-5 tables at the time. So I think these hands got corrupted and are somehow slowing down the import process on my comptuer so drastically that I cannot even play at the moment.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

fozzy71
07-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Can you please post a screen shot of the Options > Configure Auto Import Folders window? Make sure none of the folders are pointed at an archive folder. Also make sure you have the Archive Folder established for all your auto import folders. If HM isn't archiving, and has to scan all those old duplicate files every 5seconds, the results will be very noticeable.

I would suggest you also do some DB and hard drive maintenance also, like detailed here - http://64.77.69.66/forum/showthread.php?t=11194

Adam27X
07-20-2009, 10:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Adam27X/hemproblem2.jpg

When I opened that path, I only saw 1 HH file from the record breaker tournament that I played yesterday, even though I have my FTP options set to save my HH for a large # of days. Sigh. Could this be my problem?

I have an archive folder, and it displays HH files up to 7/7 and then separate folders for each day after this up until when I last played. (This is probably why they aren't in that FTP directory.)

Thanks for your response and for whatever else you can tell me, I'll look into that link.

fozzy71
07-21-2009, 12:47 AM
When I opened that path, I only saw 1 HH file from the record breaker tournament that I played yesterday, even though I have my FTP options set to save my HH for a large # of days. Sigh. Could this be my problem?

Move that hand history out of there, and restart FTP/HM.