PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading HM2 licence

Jadupsky
11-04-2011, 02:30 AM
I'm using HM2 beta and I have purchased HM2 and Note Caddy Premium. How do I enter the upgrade codes?

Arnie_D
11-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Id like to know as well thanks/.

Galoper
11-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Same question, plus Is NC2 usefull or must upgrade to NC Premium, If must upgrade, some discount coupon?

Thanks

sreticentv
11-04-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm using HM2 beta and I have purchased HM2 and Note Caddy Premium. How do I enter the upgrade codes?

thank you for upgrading :)

NC2 just uses the hm2 code so you enter the hm2 code you got in the email and that is sufficient. However, we are experiencing some issues with license caching so you may wish to do the following after entering your license:

- Close HM2.
- Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable “Hide protected operating system files”: How to see hidden files in Windows - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg
- Now Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic)
- If you see a file C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\HMLicense.dll.ldat (remove the (x86) if on 32 bit Windows), please delete it also. It will not be there for all installations.

Restart HM2 and register with your original HM2 code.

Jadupsky
11-05-2011, 02:09 AM
I did what you told me and I erased the Holdem Manager 2.lic file but HM2 starts normally and doesn't ask me to register. I also tried the second "solution" (text below) which your support suggested, but again without success. So my problem remains ...

If that doesn’t work please try this:
1. Create a new text document in Program Files\Holdem Manager 2\Config folder by right clicking inside the folder on a blank space, choose New from the popup Menu and then choose text document and name it LicDebug with a capital L and D
2. Open HM2 and register
3. Close HM2 and delete the LicDebug.txt file if it fixes the issue or not

sreticentv
11-05-2011, 06:16 AM
I did what you told me and I erased the Holdem Manager 2.lic file but HM2 starts normally and doesn't ask me to register. I also tried the second "solution" (text below) which your support suggested, but again without success. So my problem remains ...

please send a log file to support@notecaddy.com along with your screen name here

Jadupsky
11-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Which log file?? Where do I find the log file? It's not only a notecaddy problem; I can't register HM2 and NoteCaddy.

sreticentv
11-05-2011, 07:09 AM
c:\users\YourWindowsLogin\AppData\Roaming\HoldemMa nager and find the file log.txt

Jadupsky
11-05-2011, 07:13 AM
I have not such a folder; I'm using Windows XP ...

[Edit]
Ok, I found a "Reg.log" under
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\HoldemManager
and sent it to the support, hope it was the right file

Jadupsky
11-06-2011, 06:48 AM
I have not such a folder; I'm using Windows XP ...

[Edit]
Ok, I found a "Reg.log" under
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\HoldemManager
and sent it to the support, hope it was the right file

No, it wasn't the Reg.log file they needed, but an log.txt file. Next round ... After 3 days of "support" (HM forum + NoteCaddy Support + HM Support) I'm still unable to register the software ...

Jadupsky
11-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Day n°4
The support couldn't really help me ... but today suddenly HM2 told me that my beta version has expired and after several restarts I got a window where I could enter my new licence number and everything seemed to be ok!! Everything?! Now when I start HM2 I first get a window "This beta version has expired" and if I click on "OK" I get a second window "This beta version has expired" and then when I click again on "OK" it lasts about 30 seconds and HM2 starts. This doesn't seem to be very professional to me ...

And in the NoteCaddy window I get a message "Processing hand 235798 of 237227 (estimated). Notes added 0. Database: HM2 hands per second: 0,00" WHY? (I have clicked on Start).

Not Excessive
11-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Now when I start HM2 I first get a window "This beta version has expired" and if I click on "OK" I get a second window "This beta version has expired" and then when I click again on "OK" it lasts about 30 seconds and HM2 starts.

Same here.

DogNamedBluff
11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Now when I start HM2 I first get a window "This beta version has expired" and if I click on "OK" I get a second window "This beta version has expired" and then when I click again on "OK" it lasts about 30 seconds and HM2 starts.

This issue has now written up to be fixed.

For a temporary work around:

1) Close HM2

2) Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable “Hide protected operating system files”: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html) - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

3) Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic)

4) Restart HM2

5) Enter your HM2 license code.

And in the NoteCaddy window I get a message "Processing hand 235798 of 237227 (estimated). Notes added 0. Database: HM2 hands per second: 0,00" WHY? (I have clicked on Start).

Please try in a new database. If that does not resolve the issue please send a log file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this forum thread.

Where is my log file?

7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

Showing hidden files: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

Showing hidden files: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

Thank you.