PDA

View Full Version : "vs Players" tab vs "vs Player" filter

NoTurns
07-20-2009, 08:01 PM
How are these two different? When I see a player showing a certain value (I won from or lost to) in the "vs Players" tab and then go to sort my report using the "vs Player" filter against that player I get very different values, how so?

fozzy71
07-20-2009, 08:38 PM
The players tab is for running general searches/reports on your entire DB, based on the various filters in the left side bar. There is no main Filter button on the top right of this tab, like all the. Cash Games tabs

Cash/Tourney, Stakes, Players, Date, Min Hands, VPIP, Site, and then multiple reports from the drop-down menu.

The Vs. Players tab is for reviewing how you in particular are doing, against specific opponents. The only 'in-tab' filter available here is the Min BB's Won or Lost against an opponent. Because this a Cash Games sub-tab, the main Filters button is available to us here.

NoTurns
07-21-2009, 08:24 PM
You misunderstood me, I'm not talking about the "Players" tab vs the "vs Players" sub-tab.

I'm talking about the "vs Players" sub-tab (Cash Games -> vs Players tab) vs the "vs Player" filter (Cash Games -> Reports -> Filter -> edit -> Main Filters tab -> bottom: Use vs Player).

When I go to the "vs Players" (Cash Games) tab and sort on "$" I see player "x" up (vs me?) by an amount of $244.15. 5 Wins and 4 Losses so 9 hands in total.

When I then go to the "Reports" (Cash Games) tab, click "Filter" and select "Use vs Player" and insert the same player "x", close and refresh I see under "$" $670.50, leading me to believe I'm up vs him by this amount over 41 hands.

I do not understand the results I'm getting and why there is a difference between the two.

fozzy71
07-21-2009, 09:09 PM
You misunderstood me, I'm not talking about the "Players" tab vs the "vs Players" sub-tab.

I'm talking about the "vs Players" sub-tab (Cash Games -> vs Players tab) vs the "vs Player" filter (Cash Games -> Reports -> Filter -> edit -> Main Filters tab -> bottom: Use vs Player).

When I go to the "vs Players" (Cash Games) tab and sort on "$" I see player "x" up (vs me?) by an amount of $244.15. 5 Wins and 4 Losses so 9 hands in total.

When I then go to the "Reports" (Cash Games) tab, click "Filter" and select "Use vs Player" and insert the same player "x", close and refresh I see under "$" $670.50, leading me to believe I'm up vs him by this amount over 41 hands.

I do not understand the results I'm getting and why there is a difference between the two.

Because the stuff on the vs Players tab, is using the default filter from the middle, horizontal bar, for only pots where you won/lost more than 20 BBs. If the only thing you click under Reports > Filter, is the Use vs Player option, you are not filtering by the same criteria as the vs Players tab.

NoTurns
07-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Ah ok I see, thanks!

edit: I see when I change the value in this bar (vs Players TAB) to 0 BBs it only changes the hands shown below the bar, not the summary shown above the bar, meaning there it still uses the 20 BB value. Is it possible to change this value?

Rvg72
07-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi, the top section shows all your results against the player and you can filter that down if you like. The bottom section is where you might want to see hands that won/lost a certain amount and that is why we only apply that value for min bb's to the bottom section

Roy

NoTurns
07-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Ah, it's getting clearer now.

How can I graph one player's net result vs me?

Simply using the vs player filter in the reports tab wont work, it will give a different value (will give same value as when I set min bb's in vs player tab to 0). Using this filter will count all hands both players (me and villain) put money in the pot but it shows my net results in those pots, not vs the villain. This is giving different results because now money I won/ lost vs other players when villain was in the blinds and folded is also counted towards my net result.

NoTurns
07-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Humpty bumb

fozzy71
07-26-2009, 12:13 AM
I will ask the developer to take a look back at your newest question.