PDA

View Full Version : Computer died - can I rescue the database?

max00d
08-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Basically, my main desktop computer died on Wednesday. So I bought all brand new parts and made a new one. I do have access to my old hard drives - but I also have nice shiny new sata drives. So my question is - how do I get my old database to be recognised on my new computer. Previoulsly I have the postgres database all installed on one seperate partition. Would I be able to install postgres on my new system and simply copy the old database folder and replace it with the new one? Or is it more complicated than this. Any help would be gratefully received.

Also, can I just put in my serial number - I had used the code twice before - on my desktop (one that died) and my laptop.

morny
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
When your installing Holdem Manager youll come across a section where there is a tickbox near the top and it says Initilise Database Structure. Untick this box and then copy all the data from the PostgreSQL\Data folder on your old PC to the PostgreSQL\Data folder on your new one and you should be able to get access to the database using the same username and password you originally used.

Contact support@holdemmanager.net about getting your old codes reset.