PDA

View Full Version : HUD stops working overnight

SebastianKnight
07-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Running HEM 1.09 beta 18a

I believe I'm on the latest beta release.

Playing FTP, sometimes when I start a new session the HUD does not display and it requires a reboot of my PC to clear the problem.

The general scenario is this:

Running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.
Playing on FTP.
I've left HEM running since my last playing session.
I start a new session on FTP and HUD does not display.
The only times I've seen this the problem has happened overnight -- HUD was working fine one day, I left HEM running overnight, HUD not working first session of the next day.
Problem does NOT occur EVERY time I leave HEM running overnight and start a new FTP session the next day -- maybe 3 or 4 times in the last week.
I never had this problem before installing 1.09 beta -- it didn't happen in the 1.08 production version.
I don't know if this happens on other poker sites.

netsrak
07-20-2009, 11:13 AM
I guess it has something to do with the FTP Updates and the fixes in the Beta. The importing of hands and the HUD stability is not 100% perfect in the moment.

So the workaround in the moment is to restart HM or your computer and don't let it run overnight (or switch off the HUD during mining, btw. Mining is forbidden on FTP)

fozzy71
07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Is it necessary to leave HM and the Table Manager open all night? HM will behave better if it is shut down occasionally, much the way your PC behaves with a reboot.

My graphics programs are much the same way. Adobe Illustrator takes ages to load on my 3 year old PC, so I like to leave it open if I may need it later. Mostly because it has to load and read 3k+ fonts. If I leave it open and minimized for an extended length of time, it is very common for it to lockup when I come back to it.