PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments

ClutchCity
11-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I've never been able to get tournaments to work correctly with HEM. I don't understand how it works? I'm really frustrated with the system, don't know where to begin. I couldn't find any help articles... I can't trust HEM to reliably track my tourneys because it always seems to be missing certain ones here and there. I use MSexcel to manually track all my tourneys, and it's a real tedious process to say the least.

Why does HEM fail to import certain tournaments?

How do I make sure a tournament isn't missed?

Why do some of the tournaments show up as incomplete? What does that even mean?

Do I have to manually edit all of the rebuys myself?

I play on PartyPoker, and I don't see an option in the client to have tourney summaries emailed to me... Do the summaries somehow find their way into my PartyPoker HH folder after the tourney is complete? I'm really clueless on how HEM tracks this?

Is manual editing in HEM for tourneys a common occurrence?

How do I find tourney info if it isn't in the poker client HH folder or the HM archive folder? I assume the reason it's not in the client folder is because HEM imported the HH. So why doesn't it appear in results? Does moving the file back to the Party folder and reimporting fix the issue?

How do tournament regulars track their tourneys with confidence?

Patvs
11-05-2011, 03:29 AM
HM should import all tournaments:
For PokerStars, read the tournament summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/PokerStarsSetup
and make sure the summaries are also saved and imported.

For PartyPoker: Party isn't writing any handhistories to their PokerFest tournies. This is something they'll have to fix. HoldemManager can't detect/import these games without the handhistories.

When you're eliminated from a tourney (or win a tourney) don't close the table (or the pokerclient) before the handhistory file and/or summary file is updated.

An incomplete tourney means: either the last hand is missing from the handhistory file (so it's unknown how you were knocked out of the tourney) or the summary file is incomplete: therefore HoldemManager can't detect in which position you finished / how much you won, etc.

Rebuys: it depends on which site you play. Most sites do not write to the summary file how often you rebuy.
And some sites allow you to rebuy BEFORE the first hand is played, and don't write that info to the handhistory file. In both scenario's with HM1 it's better to manually edit the number of rebuys.

PartyPoker writes at end of the handhistory file, something like:
Patvs finished in 9th place and won $120 which HoldemManager imports.

Manual editing for tournies is common for sites that don't write to the handhistory file:
#entrants, what the buyin amount is, in what position you finished, how much you won, how often you rebuyed, etc.

If you have incomplete games, on PokerStars you can request all your RESULTS. (which HoldemManager can import)

ClutchCity
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm sure my OP was annoying with all of those questions, so thank you for taking the time and effort to address a bunch of it, much appreciated.

One more question. If I get KO'd from a tourney that still has 2000 players remaining, the summary file will be completed after the next hand is dealt (next hand after I get KO'd), so I don't have to wait for the whole tourney to end, right?

Also, how would you explain missing tournaments? Is this attributed solely to me closing the table before the next hand is dealt? (I'm not referencing Pokerfest tourneys, speaking towards regular ones)

Thank you again

Patvs
11-05-2011, 11:15 PM
If I get KO'd from a tourney that still has 2000 players remaining, the summary file will be completed after the next hand is dealt (next hand after I get KO'd), so I don't have to wait for the whole tourney to end, right?

Yes. While you're playing the summary file will state "tournament in progress".
When you're knocked out. This will change in "you finished in #th place".
That's all HoldemManager needs.

If you're interested in what position other players finished. (for example if you mass multitable 180 man SNGs, often playing against the same opponents), you can request the full summaries from PokerStars after the end of the tournament.

Missing tournaments:
-set the date filter to all hands (a tourney played at 1:00 can wrongly NOT show up as TODAY's games, but as yesterdays
-set the game filter to ALL GAMES (a Omaha tourney can be wrongly detected as Holdem)
-set the speed filter to all (a TURBO tourney can wrongfully be detected as regular speed)
-etc.

If you notice a missing tournament. Check the filters first. If that doesn't resolve it, find the handhistory file and try reimporting it. Next import it into a NEW database.

Setcho
11-06-2011, 02:40 PM
So no HUD for any Partypoker Pokerfest MTT? Or is it just the MTT summary that doesn't work? First time MTT player so a bit confused here.

Patvs
11-06-2011, 11:39 PM
no HUD / results for Partypoker Pokerfest MTTs, until they start writing the hands to the handhistory file.

dugthefish
11-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I've been having a similar issue with Merge MTT's. For some reason, HEM imports almost every MTT I play as an $11 tourney. I understand having to manually enter rebuys and add-ons, but it would be way easier to enter this if I could see which tourney was a $3.3, $4.4, etc. Any ideas?

Patvs
11-09-2011, 12:04 AM
options--> settings---> default tourney buyin---> change the $11

Merge doesn't write the buyin info to the handhistory file, so HoldemManager uses the default buyin settings.