PDA

View Full Version : Importing notes from Stars?

kara
08-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Does anyone else get an error message when trying to import notes from Stars? The error message says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error an attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately. State Index cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: start index. I tried just clicking continue, nothing happened. I tried the import with the Stars client closed as well. I'm able to import from Smart Notes, but SN misses some of my Stars notes. Thanks.

salflip
09-18-2009, 01:55 AM
same here!

netsrak
09-18-2009, 04:18 AM
Are you using the latest Beta?

You need to have this players in your database.

negtv capability
09-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Does anyone else get an error message when trying to import notes from Stars? The error message says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error an attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately. State Index cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: start index. I tried just clicking continue, nothing happened. I tried the import with the Stars client closed as well. I'm able to import from Smart Notes, but SN misses some of my Stars notes. Thanks.

same

I have the latest beta.

You need to have this players in your database.
I don't understand this statement.

fozzy71
09-18-2009, 08:57 PM
He means that if there is a note in your poker stars client for someone, and that player does not have any hands in the current DD you are importing the notes to, you may have some issues.

negtv capability
09-19-2009, 01:26 AM
solved my issue

my stars notes.txt folder was in another spot other than my pokerstars program folder, not sure why

I used "help- open my settings folder" in the pokerstars lobby to find the missing notes

fozzy71
09-20-2009, 10:04 AM
solved my issue

my stars notes.txt folder was in another spot other than my pokerstars program folder, not sure why

I used "help- open my settings folder" in the pokerstars lobby to find the missing notes

Pokerstars on Vista uses \users\username\appdata\local\pokerstars for their settings.

Vista and W7 make it very difficult for programs to write to the \program files directory, if they are not set to 'always run as admin'. Most people do not set them to run as admin, or turn off UAC, so they moved them to a location where that shouldnt affect their files.