PDA

View Full Version : "A required resource is unavailable"

LMD
08-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Hello,

Using the latest version of 1.06.02 and the HUD that came with that, though I also had this problem with the HUD on my previous download and am not sure of that version (perhaps the HUD has not changed?)

Playing on Full Tilt, I will occasionally get a popup from the HUD that says "a required resource is unavailable." This happens after I sit down at a table and start playing- note that I have HUD disabled when hero is not seated.

Strangely, this will only happen for one to two of the sixteen tables I am playing, and the HUD will not show up for that table. Very rarely, the HUD will generate an icon for the offending table alone on my taskbar- this icon is separate from the Full Tilt icon, exists on its own, and when clicked nothing happens except it eventually just disappears.

The problem can be solved by restarting the HUD sometimes, although sometimes another table will become an offender. Restarting the HUD often causes me to time out on a bunch of tables and is not really a good option, so instead I have to close out the offending table and try to open a new one.

I really hope you are familiar with this problem because I fear I've explained it inadequately, but basically I will often have 1-2 of my tables where no HUD shows up, I get an error message, and the rest of the tables work fine.

-Michael

Mike chops
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I appreciate your detailed post. I have not seen this bug myself, but we did have another report a week ago. I asked the poster to switch on the logging (Hud options->table prefs) and send me the log.txt file from the logs folder, immediately after the crash occurs. I didn't hear from him.

mlamb1@gmail.com

LMD
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Mike,

It's not a crash, per se. The HUD still works fine, and continues to update on most of the tables, but for the tables affected, there is no HUD.

I will log and get back to you. It may be a couple of days because it doesn't happen every time.

-Michael