PDA

View Full Version : clearing license

ixmike88
07-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I am unable to access the Help->Clear License function because the postgre service is refusing to start, I've reinstalled it 3 times, gave the postgre username administrator privileges, and a lot of other stuff that was seemingly useless.

I've decided to just format, however I am unable to clear my license before formatting, what can I do about this?

fozzy71
07-18-2009, 08:29 PM
There is no reason to reformat, just to get SQL working. It is usually a UAC or Firewall issue.

Please make sure UAC is off and reboot - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Also uninstall any 3rd party firewalls, and turn off Windows Firewall.

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall, using these instructions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

If none of that works, or you need help with any of that, we could offer you some remote assistance. If you need to do a remote support session, please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a www.Teamviewer.com session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

ixmike88
07-18-2009, 08:37 PM
i have a short tolerance for stuff like this and i find just ghosting the image over is a lot quicker than dealing with most of it, however i'll follow the procedure you listed and get back to you, thanks.

fozzy71
07-18-2009, 08:50 PM
I understand completely. I need to get in the habit of ghosting, when I get my new PC. My current PC, I use the original restore disc about every 4-6 months. :p I could save myself some time if I learned how to image properly. let me know if it doesn't work, or you need help. As I said, we will do whatever it takes to make sure it is working on your machine.

ixmike88
07-18-2009, 09:07 PM
*sigh*

downloaded revo, did an advance delete and removed everything, deleted the postgre username, rebooted, and downloaded postgre 3.7 as opposed to 4.0

getting the same stuff, in services.msc it says "Starting" then dies and when i try to manually start it it just takes forever and gives me: "The postgresql-8.3 service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

i run windows xp sp3, i have security center disabled, along with windows firewall, and as for third party software all i have is spybot search and destroy which i have disabled as a service (manual load only)

i read the FAQ about this error however it applies to Vista and windows firewall (both of which i despise)

i've tried giving administrator privileges to the postgres username, i've also tried running it as the local system as opposed to its own username, it has no dependencies and i do not have DEP enabled (outside of the forced windows essential stuff)

grrr why cant mysql be the db of choice!! :mad:

fozzy71
07-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a www.Teamviewer.com session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

ixmike88
07-18-2009, 09:19 PM
done