PDA

View Full Version : Auto Import not working

abstract_mind
07-18-2009, 05:57 PM
I had HEM fully configured and working just fine, and had to reinstall due to a random error with it. Now auto-import (and the HUD) are not working. I've configured it properly again and for no reason hands will not import at all. I've tried to directly import from the folder, set up the auto-import folder etc. but nothing works. I followed the directions properly, again, and nothing I am doing will import the hands. In fact table manager isn't even detecting my tables...

Any help?

fozzy71
07-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Please try updating to the latest beta version from the link in my signature. If that doesn't help, please answer these questions. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174)

abstract_mind
07-18-2009, 10:34 PM
That did not work. It still just says auto-importing and imports nothing. It also will not import if I try to import file/directory. This is happening for PS and FTP. Do you have any other suggestions?

fozzy71
07-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Please answer the questions that I linked in my previous post so we can try and narrow down the possible causes.

abstract_mind
07-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Hrm, I created a new database and it worked. Thanks Fozzy! Sorry I did not notice the link in your prior post. I appreciate the help and timely responses.

fozzy71
07-19-2009, 03:02 AM
You're welcome. I am glad it was an easy fix.

abstract_mind
07-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Scratch that. Now I can import files manually, but auto-import isn't detecting new files. It was working fine when I went to bed, and now I wake up and fire up HEM and FTP and it will not import any of the new hands. This was again fixed by creating a new database, but is there a long-term fix for this? I have about 100k hands it's a bit tedious to have to import then over and over.

netsrak
07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Please answer the questions that I linked in my previous post so we can try and narrow down the possible causes.

Give us some infos please

abstract_mind
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

The most recent beta.

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

Tournes on FTP and PS.

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

Yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

Yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

Yes.

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

They weren't until I created a new database at which time they were, but upon rebooting it stopped working again and I had to create a 3rd database.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

Yes.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

Yes.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

Yes.

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

N/A

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file

Yep.

There ya go...hope that helps.

Thanks!

netsrak
07-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Sorry to bother you again but you didn't answer the two most important questions

1.) HM Version. Are you sure you use Version 1.09 Beta 18a (it should be the version in the main Holdemmanager window). The table manager should have version 1.09.19

8.) Which operating system do you use? Do you have administrator rights?

The behavior you describe possibly leads to a firewall / security problem. Please try to disable everything or configure exceptions for postgresql / holdemmanager.

abstract_mind
07-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Sorry to bother you again but you didn't answer the two most important questions

1.) HM Version. Are you sure you use Version 1.09 Beta 18a (it should be the version in the main Holdemmanager window). The table manager should have version 1.09.19

8.) Which operating system do you use? Do you have administrator rights?

The behavior you describe possibly leads to a firewall / security problem. Please try to disable everything or configure exceptions for postgresql / holdemmanager.

1.) Yes, I'm certain of this. I downloaded it from the link Fozzy gave me.

2.) XP, and yes I do. I have no firewalls or anything running. HEM is working again by virtue of creating a new database again, I would just hate to have to keep doing this over and over since it is cumbersome to re-import all of my HHs.

fozzy71
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

They weren't until I created a new database at which time they were, but upon rebooting it stopped working again and I had to create a 3rd database.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

Yes.

Did the 3rd DB continue to work? I think a reinstall of SQL might be the simplest cure.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

Yes......

Did the HUD start auto detecting properly after this? Did they continue to import normally to the newest/3rd DB?

gadiels
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
I am having the same problem...except that creating a new database doesn't do anything either. Also, my table manager doesn't work either. When I hit start auto import or relaunch hud, it comes up for a second but then goes away.

fozzy71
07-21-2009, 12:49 AM
I am having the same problem...except that creating a new database doesn't do anything either. Also, my table manager doesn't work either. When I hit start auto import or relaunch hud, it comes up for a second but then goes away.

Please try updating to the latest beta version from the link in my signature.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73) If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

If that doesn't help, please answer these questions. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174)