PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL Installation

atom77
07-17-2009, 03:11 PM
I am trying to install PostgreSQL but i canīt get over the step 7 of PostgreSQL Installation Guide. Whatever i enter there as a password donīt work...it says that the username is invalid. What should i do?

Thanx

netsrak
07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
The user name should be postgres, alternatively you can use postgresuser.

Under Vista have you deactivated UAC before starting the installation?

atom77
07-17-2009, 05:42 PM
yeah that is mentioned in the guide...i tried to enter there postgres, postgresuser as well as some random words like holdemmanger and nothing works
i have XP, what is UAC?

netsrak
07-18-2009, 09:23 AM
XP has no UAC.
Do you have administrator rights?

You can delete an existing postgres user by typing net /user postgres /delete in a command box (Start -> Run -> Cmd)

atom77
07-18-2009, 12:15 PM
access denied...does it mean i dont have administator rights?

fozzy71
07-18-2009, 02:46 PM
XP has no UAC.
Do you have administrator rights?

You can delete an existing postgres user by typing net /user postgres /delete in a command box (Start -> Run -> Cmd)

access denied...does it mean i dont have administator rights?

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall

atom77
07-18-2009, 05:48 PM
the installation hasnīt been completed so i donīt have anything to uninstall...i have no postgresql folder in my PC
at least i uninstalled Poker Tracker files (in the past i was trying to install PT but i didnīt manage it too) i found out that it uses postgresql too but the Revo Uninstaller didnt find it-i mean the postresql
then i tried to enter that command but it announced access denied again
then i rebooted and turned off the firewall....and new installation ended at the same point :(
any idea what to do next?

netsrak
07-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.