PDA

View Full Version : HM2 suggestions

DemonRax
11-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Hello.

First of all - thanks for making HM2, software should always move forward and evolve no matter what. HM2 have a much more modern look and feel and with some more effort it will be the best programm in it's class.

But here are still a lot of things to be changed, or at the very least - reconsidered. Let's put aside for a moment the fact that it is pretty slow and unoptimized. But there are other significant problems as well. I would like to stress out some of them from my point of view.

Also I would like to apologize for my not-perfect English, but I hope you will understand most of my words :)

OK, let me state the major issue right from the beginning: the lack of options is killing HM2 now imho. What I mean by that is the following. I truly believe that this kind of software development should move towards offering more and more possibilities to the end user. It shouldn't get easier to use. The goal is not to lure more clients, but to make the programm to be more useful. One can add a "Basic mode" of course, or something like that. But there should be an "Advance Mode" then as well.

Let me give some examples. For me it was very frustrating to see the new Graph. There are absolutely no options there. It's worse than it was before - how can it be in new-generation software? I can't zoom, crop, change colors - nothing. More specific situation: let's say I'm using Dark theme. Now I want to save my graph and export it. I click RMB - there is only one option: Save. (Why make a menu then by the way? Let it save automatically by RMB click, lol) Now I click Save and there is one option: Save as PNG. What if I prefer other format? OK, whatever. I save it as it is - with dark background. That's terrible and unusable at all. If I want normal picture, I should go to the Settings, change the theme to Default, restart (sick!) HM2 and export the graph. OK, if I do that - I still need to open my external editor to crop, zoom or cut graph. That's just awful.

I would like to repeat again - that's just because there are no options.

Another example: HUD. I spent like 2 hours experimenting with fonts - but still it's not good. Symbols' spacing is just to wide which makes the HUD too... bulky? I want to use a lot of stats in compact form but I can't. Again - there are no options to do that.

Let's look at Overall stats window in Peports for example. There are predefined columns and I can add more, and it's pretty good, I can search and... whatever, it's really better than it was in HM1. But now this auto-width and auto-update comes into play. I can change the order of columns as I want and change their widths,cool. But then another hand arrives, got imported and page is refreshed - everything comes back again. I can't even sort it the way I want cos refreshing resets everything to default state.

OK, all I'm trying to say - you shouldn't keep options away from the user. There must be an easy way to tune HM2 as I want, to switch on/off auto-update, to fix columns widths, etc. Please don't do everything for us, let us have something! Again an easiest solution would be having two modes: Basic and Advanced. I'm not sure it's easy to implement, but it would be perfect I guess.

Well, that's more or less all I would like to say. Of course there are a lot of minor bugs and problems but lack of options is the most important for now in my personal opinion. I hope you won't rush with the release and you'll at least consider things I've mentioned above.

Oh, and a couple of other things. I think it's about time to make it possible to change graph colors within HM2. People will change All-in EV to yellow or whatever anyway, because red is confusing. Why don't let them have it? And another thing - it's just me or the phrase "art+science" doesn't look so cool? Maybe "art&science" would be better?

Anyway, thanks for attention, hope it will help a little. Looking forward to work with the best poker software in the world! There are still a lot of cool new stuff and it can be even better. Good luck!

nokl
11-02-2011, 06:35 PM
I agree, HM became easier, much easier. We need advanced mode!

But first of all we need normal HUD. That's the biggest reason why i'm not still using hm2.

smoothjazz
11-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Can't believe they just release HM2 ,despite it has so many problems need to be solved.

udbrky
11-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Demon, we have these in the plans still. They aren't forgotten.

Please explain what RMD is, I have no clue what that means.

nokl - what do you mean with normal HUD?

smooth - please post issues that you find, we strive to continue to improve and will update HM2 many times as we have HM1 in the past.

nokl
11-03-2011, 04:58 AM
nokl - what do you mean with normal HUD?

1. I had imported my hud profiles from HM. In HM2 these HUDs are very big, too big to use. Ok, i tried to create new config on the base of the default config. I need hud to be small, i change font, all the stats become smaller, but note icon, The Big Note Icon, isn't getting smaller, that's why the fist row of the stats is much bigger than others.
2. I can't attach my new config to my ongame tables, everytime i need to switch between profiles.
3. If not-default config is used, than all stats are moving to different places during the hand, and get back where they need to be only when mucked cards appear.
4. We don't have "apply" button at the hud settings, so we need to "close" the window for changes to take effect, that's not good.

smoothjazz
11-03-2011, 05:49 AM
smooth - please post issues that you find, we strive to continue to improve and will update HM2 many times as we have HM1 in the past.
1.memory consumption issue
2.performance issue in big DB(10G)
3.fail to export hands from big DB( run out of momery)
4.In game hand viewer is not simple as HM1
5.Notecaddy costs lots of time to produce report,and everytime u change the definitions have to run the process again.

DemonRax
11-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Please explain what RMD is, I have no clue what that means.
It's not RMD, it's RMB = right mouse button.

sreticentv
11-03-2011, 06:27 AM
5.Notecaddy costs lots of time to produce report,and everytime u change the definitions have to run the process again.

this is not entirely correct. You make a change and then then you run the "pending task" on the start page. This may appear to be running the whole process again but it's actually much faster and doesn't block you from doing anything else in holdem manager

smoothjazz
11-03-2011, 10:48 PM
this is not entirely correct. You make a change and then then you run the "pending task" on the start page. This may appear to be running the whole process again but it's actually much faster and doesn't block you from doing anything else in holdem manager
Sometimes I just change the description of definitions and have to run the whole process.
It's pretty annoying, especially you have a big DB.

udbrky
11-03-2011, 11:57 PM
1. I had imported my hud profiles from HM. In HM2 these HUDs are very big, too big to use. Ok, i tried to create new config on the base of the default config. I need hud to be small, i change font, all the stats become smaller, but note icon, The Big Note Icon, isn't getting smaller, that's why the fist row of the stats is much bigger than others.
2. I can't attach my new config to my ongame tables, everytime i need to switch between profiles.
3. If not-default config is used, than all stats are moving to different places during the hand, and get back where they need to be only when mucked cards appear.
4. We don't have "apply" button at the hud settings, so we need to "close" the window for changes to take effect, that's not good.

Please PM me your prefs file from the config folder in

7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

Skesis
11-04-2011, 02:42 AM
4.In game hand viewer is not simple as HM1

This is annoying - in game if you view a previous hand you have to scroll down, make it more compact like HM1 please!

smoothjazz
11-04-2011, 08:35 AM
All these new features and interfaces should make the game easier and convenient , or u are going to the wrong way.

melles
11-04-2011, 08:17 PM
This is annoying - in game if you view a previous hand you have to scroll down, make it more compact like HM1 please!
+1

udbrky
11-04-2011, 11:47 PM
The hand viewer has evolved and shows more information to help when you review/look at hands. You can uncheck show all players and hide notes to get more of a summary.

Skesis
11-05-2011, 07:12 AM
I have show all players unchecked and notes hidden, it still requires you to scroll. I usually click on a hand if I've missed a showdown and you've made it a lot harder to do something that should be very simple. "Evolved" implies progress, making it more difficult to check previous hands while playing isn't progress. Just bring back the HM1 hand viewer, it was functional and very clearly laid out unlike the new one.

udbrky
11-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I will pass along your suggestions. Thank you for the feedback.