PDA

View Full Version : Poor import speed, heavy on resources

Shloogy
08-22-2008, 04:16 AM
hi

i would like to say that im very pleased with HM's Hud, doing a great job, displaying stats pretty fast (even though its misplacing stats, and correct them only when i dealt)

However, its IMPOSSIBLE to work with it offline. by offline i mean 2 things:

1.I notice that without internet connection its requesting that i register.i sure hope that its a bug, since what if im somewhere without net connection? HM suppose to be a poker tracker stats and should be working regardless connection preferences

2.Working on hm is absolutely impposible its super slow and heavy on resources that its just ridicules ! the Replayer is so heavy that it sometimes take more than 15 seconds to display the stats.plus it cant remember whether i want to see stats or not.sometimes i just want to review the play and dont care about HUD stats.

(at this point i must say that i defregmant regularly and also vacuum so wont be needed to suggest it).

also i have noticed some other thing that i thing that its so "not wisely" programmed - on cash game -> Hands-> u can see ALL the cards that u where dealt something like this:
AA
AA
AA
AK
AK etc etc

this is useless and maybe also another heavy consumer.this section should be look alike PT3 - break them into 2 tables.one for all 180 holdem 2 cards from 22-AA, than when i want to see ALL the hands that i dealt with sepc hole card all i need to do is to click on it and the other table will be fill.
this also can give a short summary about how well u went in each hole card, etc etc etc.

in general working with HM should be felt good, fast accurate stats displaying quickly, cpu maintaining its usage etc.

3.about importing speed, after vaccumming and defr countless times i now can import in 20h\s. new machine by the way, and defeinatelly not huge database.

best regards,thanks in advance

starf
08-22-2008, 04:34 AM
also i have noticed some other thing that i thing that its so "not wisely" programmed - on cash game -> Hands-> u can see ALL the cards that u where dealt something like this:
AA
AA
AA
AK
AK etc etc

this is useless and maybe also another heavy consumer.this section should be look alike PT3 - break them into 2 tables.one for all 180 holdem 2 cards from 22-AA, than when i want to see ALL the hands that i dealt with sepc hole card all i need to do is to click on it and the other table will be fill.

that's even better then what i suggested here: http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=209

fabio
08-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Hi alish,

which version are you running?

Shloogy
08-22-2008, 08:18 AM
latest ver - 1.06.02

Shloogy
08-24-2008, 08:37 AM
no reply?

morny
08-24-2008, 09:34 AM
The software needs to register once a week, this is a neccessity

Roy is in the process of beta testing a release that should improve speeds dramatically. Maybe email him to get on the Beta list support@holdemmanager.net

Thanks for the other suggestions and well take them on board.