PDA

View Full Version : Absolute - HEM freezes tourney lobbies and tables

Phabulous
07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Multiple times in the last week. while running HEM and the HUD, Absolute Poker will lock up. When this happens, I'm unable to access tournament lobbies.

If I close out HEM, the problem seems to go away. I've used PokerTracker for three years, but switched to HEM two weeks ago (still on free trial...).

I just enabled logging last night and have yet to play a tourney.

I also have five error logs in the LogFile folder. Does this matter?

netsrak
07-17-2009, 10:29 AM
We need some more details:
Please check and post the answers: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Phabulous
07-17-2009, 10:47 AM
When I say I have 5 error files, I've played 80 tournaments so far.

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

Absolute

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

YES to the rest of these... except #9

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

Do I need to email this to someone or something?

** Again, HEM bogs down AP to the point where I'm losing money/hourly. Not all the time, but halfway through a sng AP will freeze up. When I close out HEM, the problem seems to go away.

netsrak
07-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Please try the latest beta. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
and come back if it doesn't help

Phabulous
07-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Figured I'd post an update, since the problem still exists...

The HEM Table Manager seems to be the culprit. When I have Table Manager running on Absolute Poker, at some point the SNG tables and lobbies freeze up. Also, lobbies are invisible 90% of the time when Table Manger is running (even though it still shows up on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen).

I've even downloaded the latest beta version, and the problem is not fixed.

Is this an issue with Cereus? Or is there something wrong with how HEM interacts with Absolute?

netsrak
07-24-2009, 05:14 AM
You don't mention it so i ask again: Vista?

Under Vista make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73
and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory.
Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Phabulous
07-24-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm using Windows XP.

This is obviously really frustrating, because I can't use the HUD without Absolute tables eventually crashing. I've uninstalled AP twice now and reinstalled, and that hasn't fixed the problem either.

And like I said, I've tried the beta version of HEM, and it changed nothing.

Any ideas?

Phabulous
08-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Bump.

After a three-week poker hiatus, I downloaded newest HEM Beta, and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Table Manager freezes the tournament tables on Absolute Poker. And HEM freezes the tournament lobbies.

Is anybody working on this? Or, heck, does anybody have any ideas as to what the conflict is? Could it be firewall-related? Corrupt file somewhere?

Waste of $50. Seriously. Please help.

netsrak
08-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Sorry, somehow your latest answer wasn't noticed by Fozzy or me, for some things this forum software is really crappy.

I think the best is if we look at your system via remote session: Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

djfl
08-29-2009, 04:37 AM
I've been thru these steps and Fabio wouldn't do a teamviewer session until I created a new database...fwiw. Still waiting for a fix for this problem for quite a while now...