PDA

View Full Version : 6 days of pain, still the same errors...

jdell408
08-22-2008, 12:59 AM
There's nothing I can do. I've tried every possible solution I can find in these forums, too many to list. I've resintalled every program associated with poker, Holdem Manager, Postgress, Poker rooms....everything. This has to be the most frustrating thing I've had to deal with.

Please help.

Win Vista
HM 1.6.0.2
Postgres 8.3

Peleus
08-22-2008, 02:21 AM
See if you can disable any anti-virus you have.

I think a saw a response a while ago saying that it may possibly be your anti-virus blocking the connection between the servers.

fabio
08-22-2008, 04:43 AM
Yes, its most likely antivirus software that blocks the postgres service

jdell408
08-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Again, I've tried every possible solution listed in the forums, including disabling ALL AV, Spyware, and Firewall programs.

morny
08-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Can you follow the instructions until you get to the first screenshot then stop and restart the PostgreSQL service and if that dosent work follow the rest of the instructions.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=153

jdell408
08-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Can you follow the instructions until you get to the first screenshot then stop and restart the PostgreSQL service and if that dosent work follow the rest of the instructions.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=153

I appreciate you're willingness to help, but as I've said, I'm way beyond these steps. I've attempted all of these. I've been working on this for a week now and have made no progress. I can't even delete the old database and start new. My computer is brand new out of the box and these troubles only started when I upgraded to newest HM. Do you offer any type of remote access service to check it out?

BTW - I id attempt again to do what you asked me above, and when I go to start the service it tells me that the service started and then stopped because no programs were accessing it or something like this.

morny
08-23-2008, 08:52 AM
I can use teamviewer.com to remote access and have a look. Just let me know a suitable day and time to morny@holdemmanager.net

The trouble is if PostgreSQL wont start them Holdem Manager and other software like PokerEV, PT3 etc wont start either so although you may think its assosiated with upgrading HM this is simply a conflict between windows and PostgreSQL. We might be able to fix it via teamviewer but it would be no harm in the mean time to also post a thread on the PostgreSQL forum

Lastly since your using Vista also make sure you have UAC disabled as it can cause problems with Vista http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73

Peleus
08-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Wow, nice service Morny.

jdell408
09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Okay, by a stroke of god, I got HEM to work...for a while. I had to restart my computer today and now Im back to the exact same problem. This has to be the most frustrating thing I've dealt with.

I would like to meet tomorrow at 12:00p.m. PST if possible.

morny
09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
I wont be around that time tommorrow. Im on GMT so theres 8 hours difference. email fabio@holdemmanager.net and see if hes available but if hes not then just email me morny@holdemmanager.net to arrange a suitable time for Sunday