PDA

View Full Version : HEM takes a few minutes to load

noap_
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
After starting HEM the splash screen which says "Initializing Database..." remains on the screen for about 2-3 minutes. If clicking it, it says "no resonse" and an error message pops up and asks if you want to terminate the process (similar in other programs in windows which don't respond).
But after waiting a bit longer, HEM splash screen window disappears and HEM main window pops up and finally working.

Haven't changed anything on my system, just made a reboot since I've run HEM the last time.

Sarek
11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
If this happened after HM update from old version - this is one-time process of updating database structure. Just be patient and wait.

noap_
11-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Like I said, I haven't changed anything on my system. I did NOT update HEM recently, so that's not the reason for taking it very long to load.
And it's not that this was just a one time thing, it always occurs when I open HEM.

rvg
11-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Same problem here, I haven't updated or changed anything on the system, but suddenly it started taking minutes to load. Tried creating a new database and the problem is still there, so although it hangs on "initializing database", probably has nothing to do with it

noap_
11-02-2011, 01:50 AM
FWIW I'm using v.1.12.05

Patvs
11-02-2011, 02:10 AM
There are two possible causes:
-1 When starting HoldemManager it can't (or has difficulty) connecting to our license server.
Solution: make sure the computer is connected to the internet, no firewall is blocking the connection HoldemManager is trying to make to the license server, you're not using a proxy server. Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/ICan%27tActivate%26RegisterHoldemManager

-2 HoldemManager has difficulty to connect to the database. (because the database is too large, or another program is interfering with the connection
Solution: same as -1- (check firewall, etc.) and
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin"from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily -

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

noap_
11-02-2011, 03:25 AM
^Thanks. All those things have already been set.

Don't know why, but HEM is working normally again w/o having done anything...

netsrak
11-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Probably caused by our website being down