PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

Bingo_Babe
07-16-2009, 09:01 AM
I purchased 5mil hands from a dealer the other day and when I start to import them my computer gets really hot and overheats. My computer is completely fine accept when I'm doing the import. Is there anything i can do about this?

I have Windows Vista on an HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop.

fozzy71
07-16-2009, 09:48 AM
This is probably a hardware or lack of ventilation/cooling, I would think. Desktop or laptop? What are the PC specs and age? If desktop, is it in a closed desk/compartment? If a laptop, is it sitting flat on desk, so that it can breathe underneath? Does it ever overheat doing anything else, like multi-tabling and auto-importing? Have you tried breaking up the 5 mil hands into multiple folders of smaller groups of files, so it doesn't have to work as long?

Bingo_Babe
07-16-2009, 10:55 AM
This is probably a hardware or lack of ventilation/cooling, I would think. Desktop or laptop? What are the PC specs and age? If desktop, is it in a closed desk/compartment? If a laptop, is it sitting flat on desk, so that it can breathe underneath? Does it ever overheat doing anything else, like multi-tabling and auto-importing? Have you tried breaking up the 5 mil hands into multiple folders of smaller groups of files, so it doesn't have to work as long?

Its a year old 3GB Ram and I think 240GB Harddrive laptop with AMD Turion64x2. The HH are exporting from my 400GB External Through HM into my laptop harddrive. It's on my desk. I've never experienced overheating on this laptop and it usually doesn't get warm. I will try to break up all the files and see if that will change anything.

Bingo_Babe
07-16-2009, 11:15 PM
I moved my laptop to a different location and my laptop didnt seem to overheat when I continued importing. It didn't even seem to get warm. Maybe it's the type of desk? I dont know.

I never had it overheat before and it is usually always on that desk. Maybe it was just a coinsidence.