PDA

View Full Version : iMPORT ERROR

alekhine11
07-16-2009, 07:26 AM
New to this software.

Any hand I am trying to import it appears to be an error.

I have tried to import all my PT hands,about 400 k,and every single hand is being imported is an error.

Same happens if I use the auto import option while playing.

I have reinstalled it,I have upgraded it.

Any help would be much apreciated.

P.S. Before you suggest I use the manual ,I have done it and found nothing related.

Thank you.

netsrak
07-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Which site are you playing?
Which HM Version?
Which operating system?
Which type of game?

Are you sure the handhistories are in english?

alekhine11
07-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Pokerstars mostly and Full Tilt.
HM 1.09 beta 18 a.
windows xp.
limit up to 5/10;sitngo;tourneys.

The hand histories are in english.

If helps table manager finds any table I play at but hud does not display,nor to say my preferred config.

Thanks

fozzy71
07-16-2009, 09:42 AM
You exported these hands from PT? PT2 or PT3? Is this a new PostgreSQL installation or an existing installation? Have you tried creating a new database in HM and importing some of them to the new DB?

Can you zip and email a portion of the hand histories, with a link to this thread to: support@holdemmanager.net, and please CC fozzy@holdemmanager.net. Once we get a chance to import some to a test DB we might be able to better help.

alekhine11
07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Hands are imported exported from PT2.I have emailed you with a sample.

I never used postgreSQL,so I installed it cause of HE .

ill try with a new DB and ill let you know

fozzy71
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Please use www.7Zip.org to ZIP some of your hand history text files and attach them to an email. There is no attachment on the email you sent.

alekhine11
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
i ve tried with a new DB;happens the same.

fozzy71
07-16-2009, 11:37 AM
I had 0 import errors.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/hm-hhf-Alekhine11-NoImpErrorsHere-1.png

If you are using beta 18a I am going to guess that this is a corrupt PostgreSQL installation and you will have to uninstall and reinstall SQL. You should not have to uninstall HM, just the database, and then import your archived hands again to recreate the DB.

Here is my version of the cliff notes for that process.

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Might be a good idea to attempt to also export the hands in your current DB ffor redundancy/security, but those should also be in your C:\HMArchive folder.

How do I export or import hands into and from Holdem Manager? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173)

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall and UAC disabled.

Here is the faq for installing Postgresql once it is uninstalled completely. If you get an error about the postgres user existing (meaning you didn't successfully delete that user account) you can simply make a new name for those 2 boxes, such as hmpostgresuser. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

If any of this doesn't make sense or is confusing, please let me know so I can clarify anything and help you get it up and running properly again ASAP.

alekhine11
07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
GEEZ!!!

My IT skills are well down below zero. So, I have to go through this nightmare again.

If I manage to do this,would you reward with some kind of IT degree?

P.S., IŽll let you know how it goes ( in a week or so).In the meantime I would like to thank you for your assistance and effort.

I do really apreciate it. Thank you.

P.S. Could I try any other version rather than beta? Could it work out better?

netsrak
07-16-2009, 01:05 PM
The beta is the best.

What language is your computers operating system?

alekhine11
07-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Actually is set in Spanish;could that be the problem?

netsrak
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
In the moment i have no other idea, maybe something with the currency or date settings.

You could also try to look in the different log files in the holdemmanager installation path.

Delele all log files, start holdemmanager, import 1 file, look into the log files.

Maybe it helps.

alekhine11
07-16-2009, 01:32 PM
It seems the problem has been solved. I set english as default and restart the computer and HM is importing 139 files,31493 hands,so far,no import errors.

Ill try later with the rest of files,2875,and ILL let you know how it goes.

Rvg72
07-16-2009, 06:32 PM
what most likely happened is you had Spanish regional settings but one or more of the values was customized, for example the currency or date format. HM won't have a problem with default settings for any country but if you customize it there may be issues.

When you switched to English it switched to default settings. You could probably go back to Spanish and it will work since it should use the default spanish settings when you go back.

Thanks,
Roy

alekhine11
07-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for your quick response to the problem;...impressive.

I have been able to import nearly 3k files,about 400k hands and the program response is superb,barely slowing down at start.

I would like to thank you for all trouble I might caused;keep up the good work.

Awesome stuff,...awesome staff.:)

P.S. Just one last thing;I noticed that ppl in the forum talks about M (tourney);but I couldnŽt find it in the HUD display.Could you please point me out to it?

Thank you.

netsrak
07-17-2009, 03:32 PM
You find it under Player Preferences -> Stats -> Misc
You have to add it to your HUD