PDA

View Full Version : DBControlPanel Error

tehskies
08-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey guys,

I'm pretty interested in using hold'em manager and i obviously want to try it out before I purchase HOWEVER, When I attempt to open the program all works excellently and I hit "try". The manager briefs me that it has located poker software on my computer and will direct my hand histories to wherever and I click ok shortly followed by this error message before i ever see a GUI

http://www.liquidpoker.net/user_pictures/f94583edbbb4b3fc937014fb62d59bee.jpg

I looked around in the faq and stuff and I didn't see anything pertaining to this.

For what it's worth im running vista.

tehskies
08-21-2008, 08:53 PM
actually my sincerest apologies, i found some info on this after searching a bit im sorry to have wasted your time

tehskies
08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
It seems I jumped the gun too quickly...

I'm running all of the .exes as the administrator AND tried running all of them in XP sp2 compatibility mode and i'm still getting the exact same error.

morny
08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Sounds like UAC is activate, please follow this faq to unactivate it http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73

tehskies
08-23-2008, 04:25 AM
hey man, if you read i posted the exact image of the error and explained exactly when it happens.

I also said there is nothing in the FAQ on it and I also tried your UAC idea and that already disabled...

morny
08-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Only trying to help here, i read your message but since you didnt say that you have tried everything and only said youve couldnt see anything pertaining to it so i gave a suggestion which is the exact error that it gives when UAC is enabled.

I have some other suggestions from the FAQ but since youve already tried all of them then they wont solve the problem. Has this ever worked or is this your first time to use it? What version of HM are you using, is Microsoft .net framework up to date?

sandviper23
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm having the same problem, i'm running Windows XP.

What was the solution to this problem? I've never ran holdem manager before and I would like to try it.

morny
09-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Have you installed PostgreSQL and microsoft farmework .net version 2? Where did you download Holdem Manager from, can you post the link or tell us where it was?

sandviper23
09-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Have you installed PostgreSQL and microsoft farmework .net version 2? Where did you download Holdem Manager from, can you post the link or tell us where it was?

I have PT3 and it works fine. I believe i installed PostgreSQL and microsoft framework.net earlier in the year. I've been a PT customer for 4 years.

I downloaded Holdem Manager from here the main site. http://holdemmanager.net/ where is says 1.06.01 full setup

morny
09-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Can you try uninstalling and then reinstalling Holdem Manager and if your still having problems email me and well try and setup a teamviewer session

sandviper23
09-04-2008, 08:42 AM
i tried uninstall/reinstall 3 times

where should I email you at? my email is sowellbaseball AT yahoo.com

i also have msn and yahoo messenger

cheers,

Adam

morny
09-04-2008, 08:44 AM
morny@holdemmanager.net