PDA

View Full Version : HEM setup problems

hidro35
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Ok so I tryed to setup hem yesterday and could not get it to work. I got to the end of the setup where you are asked to put your password in to log in to postgres and it told me it was invalid or username was wrong. So I deleted hem and tryed to reinstall it. Now when I get to the service configuration screen and type in postgrespass for the pw i get an error that says "Invalid username specified: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." I have typed in the pw prolly 10 times and its the same. I left the username and everything the same also. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

fozzy71
07-15-2009, 10:25 PM
When you get to that step, try to use a different user name and password:

hmpostgresuser

hmpostgrespass

If that doesn't work for you, I would be willing to help you get it going via teamviewer tomorrow. If you end up needing the assistance, please email fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

hidro35
07-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok thanks. do I change the account name or account domain? or both?

hidro35
07-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Ok I got the psotgres setup and now I am trying to login to it. Every time I try to login tho I receve an error that says "The username and/or password was incorrect. Would you like to have holdem manager configure the database to accept this login and password?" I Clicked yes and it said "holdem manager updated postgresSQL. Please try connecting again." When i try to connect it just gives me the same msg.

fozzy71
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Account Name and SuperUser Name.

Do not change the Account Domain.

Just make sure you write down the name and password you use. Let me know how that goes, so we can do whatever is necessary to get it resolved ASAP.

fozzy71
07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Please email fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

I already have another TV session to do tonight. If it is quick and easy I might be able to squeeze you in tonight. If not, I should be available all day tomorrow.