PDA

View Full Version : after importing hands from ptracker...

John2020
07-15-2009, 12:13 PM
I followed the instructions in the FAQ section on exporting PokerTracker hands into a folder, and then importing them from that folder into Hold'em Manager. It seems to have worked fine and now my question is this...
Can I delete that folder that i just imported into and exported from? All the files are still in there but Hold'em Manager doesn't need to access it anymore, right?

netsrak
07-15-2009, 12:17 PM
HM doesn't need some, they are now in your database.
I recommend you to save the files (burn on DVD) as a backup. This is a procedure i do every month: burn handhistories and database backup on DVD and delete the files on my harddisk

John2020
07-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Ok thanks for the tip.
Where on your hard disk do you burn and then delete from? Do you do this from your HMArchive folder? What is the difference between the files in the HMArchive folder and the files in the PostgreSQL program files folder?

John2020
07-15-2009, 02:39 PM
ee

netsrak
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM
The c:\hmarchive folder.
Don't touch the Postgresql data folder. For backup of databases see this: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

fozzy71
07-15-2009, 03:45 PM
... This is a procedure i do every month: burn handhistories and database backup on DVD and delete the files on my harddisk

I do this almost every day, to 2 different hard drives. One internal and 1 external. I use AllWay sync to monitor and add/delete/modify the files on my redundant archives.